Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by LippiVan View Post
lorelei, thx so much for this app! works like a charm for me!

is there some kind of donate option?
hmmm, I haven't worked that out for the moment. In fact I never looked at the possible options for donations....I will probably wait until erminig is available in Extras before thinking about it...

thanks

Originally Posted by nikolajhendel View Post
Another reoccurring is not showing up. This is setup in Google calendar as reoccurring on the 20th of every month.
Just reporting as this could be one of the instances that Erminig does not cover (or the N900 calendar can't handle).
Hmm, I think that this is an occurence of N900 calendar being limited. I'll look into that.

thanks for reporting it.

Originally Posted by microe View Post
Will this have any effect on the crashing problem I am demonstrating? Happy to try a few testing variations if you see the need.
@microe: no, this should not have any effect on the problem you have experienced...your recurring events are being seen, but not managed correctly by Erminig.

@pmd & @microe: thank you for the terminal output you sent me: I'm working on resolving those issues.

@boru: thanks for the report: I will make a few tests and if needed I'll come back to you for more information

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Until now I worked with synchronisation via Nuevasync.
I installed Erminig 0.2.10 (the about box says 2.9).
I have two problems:
1. As far as I can see now, it only can sync once a day with my Google Calender. Can this be done ofter (say every 10-20 minutes) and (if yes) how can this be achieved?
2. I cann't get it to work when I make a profile. I entered the following entries:
Synchr. item: Calender
Local Data Source Built-in
Google acoount: <my account>
Local Source N900
Remote source: <my email address>
Enabled: yes
Synchr. direction: Both
where <my account> and <my email adress> are filled in correctly.
What do I wrong.
I never found a good and consistent manual for this nice and much promising app.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland, Warsaw
Originally Posted by KC1950 View Post
1. As far as I can see now, it only can sync once a day with my Google Calender. Can this be done ofter (say every 10-20 minutes) and (if yes) how can this be achieved?
use program called alarmed, with line command for ermining:
/usr/bin/erminig -a

to sync all profiles.
Lorelei posted some command line syntax somewhere on this thread but I could not find just now - try it - for me it works with syncing 4 calendars every hour.
Sometimes it returns error when connection was poor or none at the time of syncing but this is not a problem as the next sync goes well.

Originally Posted by KC1950 View Post
2. I cann't get it to work when I make a profile. I entered the following entries:
Synchr. item: Calender
Local Data Source Built-in
Google acoount: <my account>
Local Source N900
Remote source: <my email address>
Enabled: yes
Synchr. direction: Both
where <my account> and <my email adress> are filled in correctly.
What do I wrong.
Remote source: <name of your google calendar>
where <name of your google calendar> you will be able to pick from the list as erminig connects to google and collects all names of your calendars.
You have to set your google account first in Settings, Google Accounts and after that start setting your sync profiles.

Hope it helps,
Darek

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdarek For This Useful Post:
Hi all, here's a situation update concerning the open issues currently existing:

@KC1950: I can confirm what cdarek posted above. Let me add some more information:

- next version will add the possibility to specify multiple sync times, without tinkering with command line
- lack of manual: Yep...will write one
- versioning: 0.2.10 and 0.2.9 are virtually the same (.10 adds debugging information). I forgot to update the versioning information
- about your sync problem: did you manage to create a profile and sync it?

@nikolajhendel: I was unable to reproduce your test case (event recurring each 20th of the month). Could you please try again, and maybe open a bug report on bugs.maemo.org with the exact steps?

@boru: did not have the time to look at the bug you reported. Will do in a few days.

@all: current open bugs:
- profiles not always created correctly (empty titles and calendar IDs): working on that one (affects pmd, and probably also affected fw190). I suspect that in some case I get only partial information from Google, which may explain why it worked after a while form fw190. In the debug info that pmd sent me I did not see anything unusual...but this is pending further investigation from me.

- recurring events not syncing (and leading to crashes) (affects microe): cause has been found, bug fix is in the works. May have side effects (events shifted in time).

I think that these are all the currently open issues (plus cosmetical ones), so the release plan is as follows:

- new extras-devel version which will hopefully correct all the above bugs
- shortly followed by promotion to -testing for larger audience

If you think that this sound completely insane, please let me know

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
ANother possible one to add to list.

If there is no connectivity at time of the UI scheduled sync, erminig reports an error saying it couldn't connect -- one for each profile (I have 4).

Since it's "normal" for the network sometimes not to be available (or to fail part way through) I believe these messages should not popup on the UI -- instead there should be another simple way to check sync status.

It may be worth warning user if sync has failed for nn hours/days, but not when one fails

But a great tool, sincere thanks for putting it together.

The Following User Says Thank You to planetf1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
lorelei - looked at earlier advice that appointments had to be updated for erminig to sync them. changed the reoccuring to 9-10 instead of all day. this made the appointment show up in the N900 calendar, but one day earlier (shows up on the 19th)?

after installing pr1.2 I lost three icons at the bottom, only the second and third icon show, others have X icons instead. Anyone else experience this?

The Following User Says Thank You to kirano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
I only installed it after PR1.2, so can't comment on before, but yes I have that now....
Can't get it to work either, but will post back when i have read through the thread...

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization