Notices

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Input source composite (analog) or component (HDTV) made little 'noticable' clarity/resolution on the tablet. That is my observation. I think the limitation is from the conversion HAVA choose, I guess. Anybody tried s-video, any difference? Anybody?

I am watching Prince on BET TV, and they labelled him correctly as Prince. Did he file a court case and changed his name to a longer one, 'artist formerly known as prince'?

bun

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Mountain View, CA
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
I am watching Prince on BET TV, and they labelled him correctly as Prince. Did he file a court case and changed his name to a longer one, 'artist formerly known as prince'?

This is totally off topic, but you must read this then: http://prince.org/msg/7/156607

Or just get the 'Evening with Kevin Smith' DVD to see him talk about it.

Check out the Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter: http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/videoconverter

The Following User Says Thank You to vbrilon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Anybody else having major audio sync issues? It's irritatingly de-synced after as little as 20 minutes and unwatchably out of sync after an hour or so.

Also getting very frequent device reboots. :\ For some reason it can manage to run fine for 8 hours if I fall asleep watching it, but can hardly manage to keep from crashing (the HAVA box itself, not the software) every 30 minutes if I'm actually watching it.
Same here. And I am running 370 Kbps. Were you able to do anything about it? I do not have the crash problem, so far. Window Vista cabled to Linksys router. And there is nothing runnong on the win Vista box.
Now, on the video resolution, watching on a window (with the remote on the right side) is alright, when blew it up to full screen, you started to see pixelets.

For the $, I am NOT too unsatisfy with this, I just wish it is better or something we can hack it better.

bun

anyone check out the GPL code on their website?

Had to reboot my Hava box after about 4-5 months of service. could get a local connection but could not get a remote connection from my N800. didn;t get a chance to try a remote xp laptop though.

How long did it take for you guys to receive a link to download the software from Hava. My returned form was sent to them a couple of days ago and haven't heard from them?

How is the beta going, is the Hava hardware a worthwhile purchase for use with an N800?

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Greensboro, NC
In my opinion, the beta is going very well. They have released 3 versions in the last month and a half, the latest being beta 2 Ver .48 just today. I am very happy with the player and MonsoonMultimedia seems to be very responsive to comments.

I think the HAVA hardware is a worthwhile purchase but you'll find other opinions and experiences as with any new product. I intend to use it with both my N800 and my laptop.

BTW, although I have not upgraded to Diablo OS2008 yet, the HAVA Mobile Player current beta versions are compatible with Diablo according to the release notes.

Quirkiness of Hava the company and their devices aside, atleast for me, the Beta has been a pleasant surprise and revived alot of interest for me in using my N800.

the picture quality is good. i am almost shocked at how good it looks given that I thought the N800 was just not a great device for video. this was based on those earlier attempts to get flash/youtube videos to work. flash videos from youtube had alot of pixelation and stuttering.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by madman999 View Post
the picture quality is good. i am almost shocked at how good it looks given that I thought the N800 was just not a great device for video. this was based on those earlier attempts to get flash/youtube videos to work. flash videos from youtube had alot of pixelation and stuttering.
Flash videos are really a pretty terrible metric for analyzing a devices video playback capabilities. Try XviD instead. . . .

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
FYI, here is my report on my HAVA expereince, if you will:

After several 'misfires' in the installation process yesterday, I managed to get my Titanium unit working yesterday. The first problem I faced was a screen in the setup program that said 'HAVA Unit not found' and gave several possible explanations for this error message. Unable to figure it out, I called the support line and, to my surprise, got some help! Enough, in fact, to get it working, but only with some diligence.

Specifically, I had to 'reset' the HAVA device, not once but three times before it worked, seamlessly. This was what the support line fellow suggested, so you can save yourself a call

Then, at first anyway, the video on my PC was choppy and lagging, so I set the bitrate lower, to 8000. This worked. Perhaps I needn't have lowered it so much, but at least I know it works. If anyone knows what the optimum is, please post. In any case, I don't really want to watch TV on my PC, espcially since I have an HD TV right next to it

No, what I want is TV on my N810, so finally, I installed the latest-greatest .deb from HAVA on my N810 and voila! What I like best about this is the fact that it actually allows me to control my dvr, which means that I can make use of the device I already have, instead of buying yet another tuner/dvr.

Back when I was first contemplating getting an N800, I considered the Archos line because I wanted to get TV. Now, it appears, I have what I want. Thanks!

Tags
hava, video hava