Notices

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I would like a program that would let me choose individual items (colors, fonts, the different graphics etc) in the different themes i have installed and combine them into a new theme, prefferably with a bultin preview feature.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Theme Customizer? Basically the closest thing there is already, but without the randomization. Which could probably be included.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
I would like a program that would let me choose individual items (colors, fonts, the different graphics etc) in the different themes i have installed and combine them into a new theme, prefferably with a bultin preview feature.
You can use theme customizer to chose the fonts you want, their sizes, their colours, as well as changing backgrounds og media player, HAm, etc and also change the icons.

For any other specific features, I suggest you give a feature request to D-livil

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Plus with Theme Customizer you can save your edited theme as new one, so you don't have to overwrite the old if you don't like.

Changing individual .png files would be an endless path to code (there's serveral hundred images in one theme...).

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

I wouldn't expect it to be so much work if done with OO programming.

Re: Theme Customizer
What i'm looking for isn't somthing just to change colors and font parameters, i want somthing that would let me combine things like status bar appearance, buttons appearances etc. Also, TC doesn't show the original values for the thenes you got installed unless you tell it to revert to the originals, and then you need to apply each theme oin order to see their values. And i thought it was obvious the resulting hybrid theme would be saved as a new one instead of overwriting any of the "parent" themes.

What i'm looking for isn't somthing just to change colors and font parameters, i want somthing that would let me combine things like status bar appearance, buttons appearances etc. Also, TC doesn't show the original values for the thenes you got installed unless you tell it to revert to the originals, and then you need to apply each theme oin order to see their values. And i thought it was obvious the resulting hybrid theme would be saved as a new one instead of overwriting any of the "parent" themes.
It's not hard to do. just go to the usr/share/themes

edit and replace as you see fit.

Everything's in there.

I know that copying values and files could be done by hand; what imm asking here is for somthing to streamline the process, both the part involving combining things to make new ones, AND previewing the result before settling on a choice.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
I know that copying values and files could be done by hand; what imm asking here is for somthing to streamline the process, both the part involving combining things to make new ones, AND previewing the result before settling on a choice.
This is probably impossible - how would see the results without applying the changes? I think theme customizer handles it pretty well since you can easily discard your changes if you don't like them. Instead of starting from scratch, why don't you submit some feature requests to theme customizer?

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Great! Submit a patch then for Theme Customizer which is written in C++.

Last edited by jstokes; 2011-03-01 at 20:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland

There's already tools for that:
download sources of the open sourced themes you like, fire up gimp/photoshop/whatever and start combining them. I can assure you it's the easiest way.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:

Tags
i'll get right, on that, personalization, request, themes