A while ago I cloned the OS to the internal flash (2GB) and all was well. Recently the battery died and I charged it. It charged fine but when I came to switch it on. It'd not boot. It went to the click menu for advanced boot screen but would go no further.

The only way I can get it to boot is to have it plugged into the mains.

I've tried to install Mer to see if it'd fix my boot problem, but that hasn't helped.

Any help?

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I can't diagnose what is wrong, but my first question would be, How did you do your clone? If you did it with Penguinbait's Console Tools deb, you could try running Console Tools' options that re-do the boot menu.

Otherwise, I'd do the cloning again, but I'd start with Penguinbait's deb. You can make a backup of your internal flash with the standard NIT back-up utility first, so that re-creating your programs and docs, etc., will be easy.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
I can't diagnose what is wrong, but my first question would be, How did you do your clone? If you did it with Penguinbait's Console Tools deb, you could try running Console Tools' options that re-do the boot menu.
I did do it using that.

I guess I should have tried redoing that first rather than trying to install Mer.

Thanks for the help. I'll post again if it doesn't fix it.

EDIT: Just done it and it's fixed it. Thanks again!

Last edited by Valad; 2009-04-11 at 17:41.

Okay, it's not fixed it.

I have my original problem again.

Press the button to switch it on. It says press and hold MENU button for advanced menu. Then it switches itself off.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Canada
I do not have N810, but is there menu coming out after it shows HOLD MENU BUTTON....?
if there is the menu, you can boot up from flash at least and then try to fix the internal card.
if not, my suggestion is to re-flash it.
with the help of others and my effort to google internet, I solved some confusions. this is my experience.

Originally Posted by jayden View Post
I do not have N810, but is there menu coming out after it shows HOLD MENU BUTTON....?
if there is the menu, you can boot up from flash at least and then try to fix the internal card.
if not, my suggestion is to re-flash it.
There isn't a menu after that, unless it's plugged into the mains power supply. I think it's rather weird.

Originally Posted by Valad View Post
There isn't a menu after that, unless it's plugged into the mains power supply. I think it's rather weird.
it is weird
battery not charged well?
no idea. what i can do is to charge the battery well and try. re-flash it if there is not much installed.
with the help of others and my effort to google internet, I solved some confusions. this is my experience.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=27361
according to DEN in USA:
Just this morning my battery went bad. It started by showing that it was not charging with the charger plugged in during operation. Finally my N800 shut down. Popped in one of my spare batteries and it charges fine. Even with a good charger, when the battery goes bad you NIT will not run.

I thought the battery had gone bad. But it charges and if I take it off mains power supply it will last. It's just if it gets switched off, it won't switch back on.