Notices

Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
How does the new version work with regard to system events/alert tones? I know the display sleep/wake event interrupting audio was a bit of a mystery, but it was pretty minimal. Alert tones on the other hand make the current app pretty unlistenable if you're txting/im'ing or whatnot since it interrupts the audio completely for a few seconds every time you get an alert.
Same problem. This is actually part of the system just like the dimming screen. The built-in maemo stuff always trumps our stuff and when you get a notification it effectively disables our audio output to play it's sound.

However, gstreamer seems to recover better than the pianobar did..with less scratchy/skipping effects.

Perhaps if I find a way to integrate into MAFW maybe I can change some of that.. but I doubt it since kmplayer has the same problem and you can set that to use osso-media player with no affect.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Well, I have it packaged and ready. Was kind of hoping I could find a UI dev to come up with a "new" UI as a surprise for a new app but.. so far falling short.

Name's I've been suggested so far.. pyRadio, pyJams, pyStream, pyTunes (little worried about apple on this one ). pyRadio seems to be winning votes within my circles.

So far it's pretty feature complete. Only thing I haven't re-instated is the history.. not really sure how many people really looked at that file. Thinking about adding a Donate button in the menu too...

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
Yeah man, by all means, add a donate button and an about button(tell about your work man). Another thought: Is it at all possible to AVRCP controls in this app? I obviously know that my radio doesn't have a Thumbs Up/Down button(which could possibly be mapped to something else?) but I hate having to unlock the phone, let the track skip and then skip the song. Skipping straight from the radio would be great(luckily the built-in media player does allow this) This is simply a thought, I know that may be a big addition, so I'm just interested in what you know or thought about it.

If you're wondering what radio I'm using check it out. I'd HIGHLY recommend it! They make cheaper models that have bluetooth built-in and they all sound great.

Thanks again man. I'm really looking into programming now thanks to you. Expect to keep hearing from me. LOL!

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

Originally Posted by The Arsonist View Post
Yeah man, by all means, add a donate button and an about button(tell about your work man). Another thought: Is it at all possible to AVRCP controls in this app? I obviously know that my radio doesn't have a Thumbs Up/Down button(which could possibly be mapped to something else?) but I hate having to unlock the phone, let the track skip and then skip the song. Skipping straight from the radio would be great(luckily the built-in media player does allow this) This is simply a thought, I know that may be a big addition, so I'm just interested in what you know or thought about it.

If you're wondering what radio I'm using check it out. I'd HIGHLY recommend it! They make cheaper models that have bluetooth built-in and they all sound great.

Thanks again man. I'm really looking into programming now thanks to you. Expect to keep hearing from me. LOL!
Wow... well.. I have absolutely no experience with that. I had to google AVRCP .

I would be quite certain that it would of course be possible to implement such a feature, all it would require is for the app to listen for whatever signal is sent to the device (either via dbus, bluetooth directly, or whatever) and calling the Skip function...

Unfortunately I have nothing that cool at my house .

If you'd like to buy me one... I'd definitely add it . Without something to test with though, I'd be flying blind and no idea if I'm on the right path. So unfortunately, this is not likely to happen soon. I have nothing bluetooth at my house, not even headphones/sets let alone entire radios... My car doesn't even have bluetooth support.

Originally Posted by meepha12 View Post
Yeah i just came to edit my post as i just installed kmplayer and noticed it did that also. Im so happy though I got pandora working without going to the website and now with using kmplayer i can finally stream iheartradio stations w/o going to that website since i couldnt find an app =D
Can you explain or link to a place that explains how to stream iheartradio stations through kmplayer for the n900? thanks.

Alrighty, pyRadio it is then.

We can continue these discussions in this thread. I will no longer maintain pyPianobar and pianobar. If someone uses only the CLI pianobar then drop me a note and I might keep it going only when it breaks.. but it's just extra work for something I don't think most people truly need/use.

N8x0 users, I'm sorry - the new pyRadio should just work but I tried it and realized that all of the dependencies are named differently and/or too old . PyQt4 works, but the gstreamer bindings don't work right. I'll keep working on that for pyRadio and have it put into the official repo's for that as well if I ever figure it out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
fatalsaint,

Say it ain't so! I'm a hardcore CLI fan and absolutely love pianobar for the n810. Please please, continue providing a fix when it breaks, or even some direction for someone else to do this in your stead.

CliJunky

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clijunky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by clijunky View Post
fatalsaint,

Say it ain't so! I'm a hardcore CLI fan and absolutely love pianobar for the n810. Please please, continue providing a fix when it breaks, or even some direction for someone else to do this in your stead.

CliJunky
Well.. pianobar for the N900 is easy.. I just download the source and put the debian files in place and upload to the repository. The N810 is a bit more of a pain.. but if you guys let me know when it's broken I am sure I can keep it built if it's actively used.

I was hoping to get pyRadio to work with the N810.. would that not suffice? I know python on the N8x0 takes up a bit of space though.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I was hoping to get pyRadio to work with the N810.. would that not suffice? I know python on the N8x0 takes up a bit of space though.
Given my troubles getting the current pianobar to work/install properly, I'd be glad to wait for pyRadio. Thank you for all your hard work.

BUG:

hit pause wait a few hours... buffers forever...crashes...force close....still plays 6 songs before it stops...have to reboot to stop.