Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

The BME keeps crashing. Nitdroid boots ok and I can use it well but often after the phone goes into standby mode, the red led starts flashing continually and the battery is marked as 0% and it keeps saying to charge the phone. I also noticed that while using it the red led starts blinking and charge becomes 0% but after a few seconds the led stops and charge is ok. I guess BME would have crashed and restarted. But if BME crashes while on standby there is nothing to do except restart the phone. Is there any fix? I am using the latest version of nitdroid (2.3.4), the latest kernel (NIT07 rc4) and am using the original battery that came with the N900. I did find a patch but there was talk that the wifi might stop working and I thought the patch was included with this latest version. Any suggestions please?

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ jordan, amman
hello,, im sorry im new to this,,, but in the tutorial it says, download the archive, when i click on the link, it gives me a lot of options, should i install everything in there or just the contents of the archive???
plz help....
i REALLY want this to work, thanks

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by tareqhardan View Post
hello,, im sorry im new to this,,, but in the tutorial it says, download the archive, when i click on the link, it gives me a lot of options, should i install everything in there or just the contents of the archive???
plz help....
i REALLY want this to work, thanks
Yeah the wiki seems to be a bit vague on this point. The file that you need is actually "N12_Umay"

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
@ejasmudar
first of all thanks man, but is this the same file that im supposed to unzip in step 4??
coz if so, i need to change its name right?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Dude, there is a video on my first post, you betta check it if you're "that new."

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
well i went through with it,, and i reached the Reboot part, it did, and the list showed only maemo as number 1,,,
does that mean i did something or was it all for nothing??!!!!

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tareqhardan View Post
well i went through with it,, and i reached the Reboot part, it did, and the list showed only maemo as number 1,,,
does that mean i did something or was it all for nothing??!!!!
You have probably forgot or skipped a part about creating a BOOT item.

hey guys i just installed nitdroid and it worked fine, then i tried to deactivate the flightmode with the tutorial but after that my multiboot doestn want to start, it just stats maemo (the nokia sign appears and then its booting maemo) i reinstalled notdroid 2 times that doestn work..:/

i dont want to reflash my device maybe theres a special commad for xterm to reenable it? :x

Originally Posted by brokensmile View Post
Hi i installed wid gingrbrd..... i hav seen android logo wen i restart and then after sometime it showed shutting down window of nitdroid.... and it got shut down and then i jus install thru wiki.nitdroid..... and then same thing it got installed fully and when i open it showed again android logo and then red light blink for sometime n then again shutting down window of nitdroid ..... plz tell me wat is the problem
Power up your phone with charger plugged in, I think it's battery bug.

@ammyt: Can you explain why do you set scaling governor to "Conservative" I think it make the phone responds slowly. Why don't we use "On Demand" scaling governor, 'cause I think it's the best scaling governor.

Last edited by s15tQ; 2011-08-01 at 08:41.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid