I finally broke out my new 770 (last one WSOD'd). I also have a new 2gb rs-mmc. I want to do the process of booting from mmc, but I couldn't install any of the packages. I tried some other stuff, couldn't install that either. Tried uninstalling the couple apps I had, thought it was a conflict, but I can't uninstall them. The loading bars fill up and then I get an error telling me it failed or something equivalent.

P.S. I searched and found a couple people with similar problems but no answers. Sorry If this is a repost.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Just saying I have the same problem right now. Also, while all my other already-installed apps work, and I can even download into other programs, such as Canola podcasts, my web browser refuses to load. Using OS2008 on an N800, booting from MMC. The flash side of the the dual boot works fine. I'll see if you get any response today. If not, tomorrow I'm reformatting.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

I guess it couldn't hurt for me to reformat too, since I won't be using the current installation anymore. Nobody has heard of this? I read about some red pill thing but I didn't know if it was legit, or if it was even related to my problem.

Well, you can use the Red Pill Mode (you can google it) to install things that Nokia keeps hidden, like Python. I was in Red Pill Mode not long before my problem arose, but I don't know that that is where/when the catastrophe occurred.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Yeah, that doesn't sound like it would help me. I was trying to install BecomeRoot and then I tried other common stuff like gAIM.

I still can't get anything to work. Is there a way to reflash the device? I found something but it seems the flasher utility only works in Linux. I have an installation of Mandriva but I'm not too familiar with it. Any other way to do it?

I don't think you have the same problem.
themovielife: what os are you running?
geraldko: do you have ext2 filesystem on your mmc? maybe it's corrupted and you should fix it with fsck command.

kaito, thanks for replying.

Yes, I have ext2 on the mmc. At this point, I'd also given up and reflashed with the Nokia IT Software Update Wizard, and I didn't set up to dual-boot this time. HOWEVER, I still have the mmc card, which I haven't done anything to since the time of my post; that is, the mmc-based OS is still intact.

Can fsck be run to examine and fix the Linux partition of the mmc under these circumstances? Can it be done by the Tablet, if I boot to flash (my only option right now) and do it in Xterm? (Neither FileManager nor emelFM2 "see" the Linux partition at all.)

Can you explain step-by-step what I should do?

BTW, I'm not a Linux user except on the tablet (though, if need be, I guess I can pop a SystemRescueCD disk or a Red Hat distro in the CD drive on my Windows PC).

Thanks.

Help Save This Forum

yeah kaito, thanks for the help. I have OS 2006 (build 3.2006.49-2).

apps i have installed:
battlegweled
maemo mapper
mplayer
nuvoblack
theme-grey
python2.5-runtime