Notices

A package file to test for pianobar. It should include the example, all commented out, config file in /home/user/.config/pianobar.

http://packages.linuxniche.net/pianobar_1.1-0_armel.deb

I don't have an N900 so this has not been tested on a real device.. but installs fine in my scratchbox SDK environment.

Please test the depends by removing libmad0 and libao0. After running "dpkg -i pianobar-1.0-1.deb" it should fail with a list of dependencies.. then run "apt-get -f install" which should automatically pull down libmad0 and libao0 for you.

Let me know..

ETA: Just being clear: do not install this unless you don't mind something breaking. This is completely untested.

ETAA: I just tried to remove the package in my SDK and got a scary error... it tried to remove /home/user and got a permission denied. I don't know why.. that's not in any of my scripts. Probably may want to wait on this unless you're really experimental. I have to troubleshoot later.

UPDATE: 1.0-3 updated. Should be optified, contains stripped binary, has real man page, and a changelog!

UPDATE: 1.1-0 updated. Built on the latest pianobar source, evidently pandora updated their libpiano requirement yesterday which breaks all older versions of pianobar. Compiled new sources (e079b45).
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-01-22 at 15:07.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
I dont even know how to flash mine back if I break it so I will pass on testing it until its atleast non destructive

Soon as it gets to the repo even if its buggy I'll be sure to test it.

Ok.. I fixed that . Now it is at least not overtly totally system destructive ... .

Now it creates the default config into /etc/pianobar/config, and checks if /home/user/.config/pianobar/config exists. If it does not, it will copy it.

I don't know why.. but if you directly put /home path into the deb files it want to remove it... badddd.

I went ahead and installed the 1.0.2 version of the package today. I can tell you that "apt-get -f install" worked fine and nothing seems to have been destroyed by the package yet

Been using it all day with good results.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thorprime For This Useful Post:
Thank you . The scary part is of course when you try to remove it . Thats when the fishy error showed up in -1 that I *appear* to have fixed.

Beyond that.. I think it's pretty much set. It doesn't pass lintian ATM because it doesn't like me copy/pasting the description field. So once I fix it to pass a lintian check, and add a changelog.. I think it could be put to extras-devel. I wanted more testing on it first tho......

Damn this not having a device is really bugging me. I'm working a PyQT frontend for it to..

Fantastic! This worked perfectly and the app seems to work great.

Well this is just great. Low CPU eater and nice and simple. Thanks. Might play with making this run on a script and tie it to an icon etc.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

I figured I'd get an icon and stuff going with the PyQT4 app.. since an icon for a terminal app is a little redundant.. just launch a terminal .

It's actually not too bad.. I have one that can control via either the fifo file, or directly with popen... but retrieving information *from* it is being a tad problematic.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I figured I'd get an icon and stuff going with the PyQT4 app.. since an icon for a terminal app is a little redundant.. just launch a terminal .

It's actually not too bad.. I have one that can control via either the fifo file, or directly with popen... but retrieving information *from* it is being a tad problematic.
That would be very cool.

I assume you have checked out this thread

http://www.qtforum.org/post/57848/ho...ping#post57848

Has some nice code about halfway down that deals with running a process and handling the returned text etc.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Last edited by Bratag; 2010-01-21 at 05:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Brilliant! This works like a charm! Many thanks for the work!