Active Topics

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
What about reboot problems, can more people confirm/deny it?
I confirm this problem and there are at least 2 threads about this kernel power problem:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71127
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=72002

This is an age old problem.

Last edited by Temporal; 2011-11-10 at 14:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
I wonder if this is related, as always, to a too undervolted/overclocked/smartreflexed thingy...
Or also, battery patch with a too much downed idle profile

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Mitrigol View Post
I wonder if this is related, as always, to a too undervolted/overclocked/smartreflexed thingy...
Or also, battery patch with a too much downed idle profile
Just to be sure: It is not a problem of the phone restarting, it is a problem that the phone, when we try to restart, will give up at nokia logo and turn off.

KP46 is from far before battery/speed patch, so no.
Undervoltage, Overclocking and Smartreflex are easy to rule out, all is needed is to try on default, same thing happens since forever(at least in my case).

Also, I think that the voltages/clocks are set after the phone starts, which needs the phone to successfully start, which is the problem: The phone doesn't restart. It will give up at nokia logo, will turn off the screen and then the phone itself.

It does not happen with the stock kernel.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
I tried:

"sudo reboot"

"root
reboot"

and "sudo gainroot
reboot"

With both keyboard open end closed and with stock kernel, kp48 & kp 49, i did this several time and trying different command but it always did reboot properly...

Sorry but i don't seems to be able to reproduce this issue...

Maybe if you use multiboot, you can try this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67866

i use this.

Oh god, please... Few posts ago Temporal clarified, what kind of reboot problem we're talking about (I admit, I should foresee, that most people won't read last page, and starting posting irrelevant sh|t, when asked about "reboot problem"), and we're still getting asnwers like "I got my device running for 235462365127654237 years, and I got no reboots"?

Please, read at least last 2-3 pages, before replying *facepalm*.

/Estel

Ps.

It's quite strange problem, cause - in my case - it appeared with kp48. Still, some people get it at much lower version, or haven't get it at all.

I wonder if it is really kernel related - still, I have no idea what may be causing this. I don't use any s0-called "miracle" speed/battery sh|t patches.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I use same kernel as last time (kp49 from 2011-10-06) and i confirm that usb-networking problem still happens (it crashed my phone today during downloading files for updates over USB)
when I will upgrade to latest version of kp49 I will check again.

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Add me to the ones, who would love to have this issue fixed. Or at least directed into some kind of "I know whats happening".
Struggling with this (reboot not reliable, whatever kind of command line is used), since installed KP months/years ago.
But hey, its just annoying, but not really a fatal error

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Săo Paulo, Brazil
It's not the same issue as the issue where the device won't finish booting or will enter into a (possibly temporary) reboot loop if you try to power it up with the charger plugged, is it?

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
It's not the same issue as the issue where the device won't finish booting or will enter into a (possibly temporary) reboot loop if you try to power it up with the charger plugged, is it?
My thought exactly - I at least have had both forms of the issue. But correlation and common cause are not guaranteed.

What I noticed was that in both cases the failure was not inevitable, though it did occur the majority of times.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Indeed. Reboot doesn't restart on either of my units, and nor will they get to the white dots 90% of the time with the charger plugged in (usually noticed after a crash.) Removing the charger enables the boot to succeed.

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou