Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Is it really genuine? I don't know. But DealExteme says this one is:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23127

Here it is with a Nokia charger:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23126

Compare old thread on a DealExtreme CA-100 Copy.

This new one says it's genuine, and the old one didn't. This one has a long cord (about 5 feet) whereas the other one was very short.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

"genuine" at DealExtreme is a relative notion, as in many other places :-)

"genuine" as in "the same as item sold by Nokia", I wouldn't think, or else something is very wrong at either end.

"genuine" as in "a close-enough copy that works the same" is more like it, and more believable at that price.

The difference will be in build quality and durability, which or may not matter. I wouldn't buy batteries that way, but cables and chargers ? No problem, at those prices I just order two, in case one is DOA or fails prematurely, and still come out 80% less than anything I could find locally :-)

I love shopping at DE, and never had any nasty surprises until now.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
This new one says it's genuine, and the old one didn't. This one has a long cord (about 5 feet) whereas the other one was very short.
You've answered your own question regarding "genuine" then. The Nokia part has a short cable.