Notices

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
You confuse me.. what's wrong with the official 4.7 diablo version in the repo's? Pyradio now automatically downloads and updates the crypto keys and the version number whenever necessary. Why are you patching an old version?
FatalSaint,
Thanks for your response. I was patching 4.5 because 4.7 wasn't available. I must have just missed it. Got the new version and it works great!

Bad news all. I have 'downgraded' my phone to a MyTouch4g Slide. *sigh*

No, I don't think Android is better than Maemo - my N900 was just getting old and running very sluggish as well as just getting beat up. I refuse to give Nokia another $600 for an N9 (also no keyboard==fail).. and there is just no decent upgrade.

Anyway.. I won't be using the N900 or pyRadio pretty much at all anymore. If someone notifies me that it's break I might try and keep it updated for you guys but support for the app will be very minimal from now on.

Sorry all, I've done what I can.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
^ Thanks for everything Saint.

You've been one of the kindest developers on this site.

I hate to see you go.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
I haven't used pyRadio much lately so I don't know when this problem came about.

I recently installed (within the last couple of days) the update to 4.7 and it no longer works. I sort of opens up an I can see the play and other buttons but it doesn't seem to connect.

I got the update form maemo-extras. I saw a fairly recent post that said to use extras-testing, but that doesn't work.

I have Diablo and my N810

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and rebooting without any success.

Thanks

???

Originally Posted by muttleytm View Post

I got the update form maemo-extras. I saw a fairly recent post that said to use extras-testing, but that doesn't work.

I have Diablo and my N810
Diablo doesn't have an extras-testing (only the N900/fremantle version has that). For diablo you want to use the extras-devel repository.

I've added maemo extras-devel to my catalog and disabled maemo extras for the time being. It ooks like several of the repositories aren't accessable at the moment. Ill try agaon tommorrow

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
If someone notifies me that it's break I might try and keep it updated for you guys but support for the app will be very minimal from now on.

Since you mentioned it...... it think auth is broken again. Or at least I can no longer authenticate using version 4.7 on either Maemo or Meego (N900 or N9).

Anyone else having this problem?

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Since you mentioned it...... it think auth is broken again. Or at least I can no longer authenticate using version 4.7 on either Maemo or Meego (N900 or N9).

Anyone else having this problem?
I've been having problems with automatic re-authentication (doesn't seem to work). My workaround is to delete the pyradio config files in xterm at the beginning of each use, and re-entering my credentials at startup.

It's not convenient, but it seems to work for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
I've been having problems with automatic re-authentication (doesn't seem to work). My workaround is to delete the pyradio config files in xterm at the beginning of each use, and re-entering my credentials at startup.
Would you be so kind and specifying the files in question?

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Antonio, TX
I'm glad the packages I compiled for Harmattan GST were useful. I've been away from development for a while, but I will see if I can get my dev environment working again, at least enough to update the version strings / auth methods to keep it working... No promises yet, but I guess since fatalsaint is out for the count, it'd be a shame for this app to fall by the wayside.

Fatalsaint, if you're still around, can you help me get the very latest copy of the source checked out, especially the branch for Harmattan? I know last time I ended up working on very outdated source without realizing it!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rm_you For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio