Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
i guess, it let's you see through the lock screen, where you suppose to see a desktop, or maybe a default lockscreen, which lies underneath it, right?

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
exactly, its not clear what it does. thanks, but im not after speculation im after the answer

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
The transparent background shows what it's "under" the qtlockscreen graphics.
I'm sorry, I tested it only in debug mode (and I saw the desktop), but using it in "real" mode (tested now) you see the default lockscreen...so it's almost useless.

There's no simple solution to this problem (other than rewrite the system ui plugin that displays the stock lockscreen).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
exactly, its not clear what it does. thanks, but im not after speculation im after the answer
Well, then you can try yourself and tell us what it does, or maybe upload a screenshot.
P.S. i don't have my n900 right now, so can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by sakya View Post
The transparent background shows what it's "under" the qtlockscreen graphics.
I'm sorry, I tested it only in debug mode (and I saw the desktop), but using it in "real" mode (tested now) you see the default lockscreen...so it's almost useless.

There's no simple solution to this problem (other than rewrite the system ui plugin that displays the stock lockscreen).
Sakya, is there a chance i can replace the default lockscreen with yours? Yes, i mean like a replacement in the CSSU?

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Sakya, is there a chance i can replace the default lockscreen with yours? Yes, i mean like a replacement in the CSSU?
It's possible but someone (I don't know how to code a system ui plugin) should rewrite the plugin that displays the lockscreen, send the dbus messages it sends and don't display the lockscreen.

You can find more informations here:
http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...ly/028472.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Wow I can see such huge improvements here!
I've been off for a while, but I really want to know, does the latest version of Qtlockscreen now supports text rotation? Like rotating the Time widget?

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Wow I can see such huge improvements here!
I've been off for a while, but I really want to know, does the latest version of Qtlockscreen now supports text rotation? Like rotating the Time widget?
not yet but hopefully in the future version

I just installed QtLockscreen Configurator and the latest QtLockscreen and now all of the themes are messed up. are you sure latest qtlockscreen app is backwards compatible?

e.g. in Absolut Vodka lockscreen, it doesn't show day and date. Thats a bit surprising because i don't think there is any DateTime Widget code changes, are there?

Last edited by niqbal; 2011-09-11 at 18:35.

Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
I just installed QtLockscreen Configurator and the latest QtLockscreen and now all of the themes are messed up. are you sure latest qtlockscreen app is backwards compatible?
Dont think so.. Most users have had problems. seems like its expecting everything to be in /opt/qtlockscreen folder or something