Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
@rcolistete: Is this still alive? Any chances to package seaborn (https://seaborn.pydata.org/examples/index.html) for SailfishOS?

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
I'm not updating MatPlotLib, etc, for Sailfish OS.

And Seaborn depends on SciPy and Pands, not yet available on Sailfish OS.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Germany
I just managed to built the most recent Matplotlib v3.1.1 on my Jolla phone. It's on OpenRepos. scipy (and thus als pandas and seaborn) will most likely never be available for SailfishOS due to a missing FORTRAN compiler.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NobodyInPerson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by NobodyInPerson View Post
I just managed to built the most recent Matplotlib v3.1.1 on my Jolla phone. It's on OpenRepos. scipy (and thus als pandas and seaborn) will most likely never be available for SailfishOS due to a missing FORTRAN compiler.
It shouldn't be a problem to compile fortran compiler as well. Or do I miss something?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I don't know how but that would be awesome! How does one tackle this? Is there just a gfortran repo?

The Following User Says Thank You to NobodyInPerson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
I think gfortran is just a part of gcc. So, all we need to do is to do is to compile gcc with gfortran enabled. Maybe there is already some at OBS.

For opt-gcc, we would need to change line 29 in https://build.merproject.org/package....spec?expand=1 . I presume something similar should be possible for regular gcc as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Sounds reasonable. I have never worked with OBS, I always compile everything on-device. But I guess there are some tutorials to get started out there.

The Following User Says Thank You to NobodyInPerson For This Useful Post: