Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
Put these files into /opt/

http://www.mediafire.com/?ztmur2y2rmt

If it works, just press the Thanks! button on the main post so others know this is a solution. I see a lot of people are having trouble, hopefully this will fix your problems. If anyone can mirror this file that would be great.
it worked for but but when i chose to start the game, it crashed , no ideas. the file seems to be small

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
I cant seem to get this to work? It says it cant fid the data dir, where should it go and is it case sensitive?
I have it in /opt/stratagus/share/wargus/data

thanks

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by bullion View Post
it worked for but but when i chose to start the game, it crashed , no ideas. the file seems to be small
If you drop that folder into /opt/ wargus will crash. It doesn't include the files wargus installs, only the game data.

After reinstalling wargus I got the game up and running. It seems to work fine starting a regular game but it crashes when I try to start a campaign.

Last edited by sadfist; 2010-07-06 at 16:11.

Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
the stratagus.zip worked for me, but as another user stated previously - not until I reinstalled wargus/stratagus after copying the data to /opt. Posting the procedure I followed in hopes it may help someone (not to clutter up the thread):

1) extract the stratagus.zip and copy that stratagus folder to your N900 (MyDocs)
2) xterm -> sudo gainroot
3) cp -r /home/user/MyDocs/stratagus /opt/
4) apt-get install --reinstall stratagus wargus
5) launch from the wargus shortcut

Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
the stratagus.zip worked for me, but as another user stated previously - not until I reinstalled wargus/stratagus after copying the data to /opt. Posting the procedure I followed in hopes it may help someone (not to clutter up the thread):

1) extract the stratagus.zip and copy that stratagus folder to your N900 (MyDocs)
2) xterm -> sudo gainroot
3) cp -r /home/user/MyDocs/stratagus /opt/
4) apt-get install --reinstall stratagus wargus
5) launch from the wargus shortcut
oh yeah, it also worked for me, but I can only play scenario i wanted to play campaign mode. Any one have the full data file for the campaign

Tried to sort out campaign mode...

Found out it was looking for files called "level01h_c2.sms" etc rather than "level01h_c.sms", so copied all my files with that name, and now it gets further and shows me the campaign objectives but then crashes with wrong map size and seg faults...

Think it's an issue in our version of wargus, i can play campaign fine on my pc with the same data folder...

Hi
In order to get campaign mode to work, remove whole 'campaign' directory and copy there only stuff from link posted before.
It seems that data from devel is somehow messed up a little.
Campaign works just fine for me.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New York City -- Brooklyn
Originally Posted by tjsgls View Post
Hi
In order to get campaign mode to work, remove whole 'campaign' directory and copy there only stuff from link posted before.
It seems that data from devel is somehow messed up a little.
Campaign works just fine for me.
?? im having this issue aswell what files am to copy?

Ok, easier way. You have to delete every *.sms (not *.gz!) file from 'campaigns' directory.
Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /home/opt/stratagus/share/wargus/campaigns
rm -rf */*.sms
just be careful with deleting stuff around.
I'm assuming you have campaign data from post #18 in place.

*edit: fix

Updating to the latest version gives me this:

Code:
[string "usr/share/games/stratagus/wargus/scripts/s..."]:329: bad argument #1 to 'SetMaxOpenGLTexture' (number expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'SetMaxOpenGLTexture'
	[string "usr/share/games/stratagus/wargus/scripts/s..."]:329: in main chunk
Tried reinstalling and re-extracting the files above...not happening.