Closed Thread
Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I want to know more about these Nokiapologists. Where do they live? What makes them unique? And why are they dying off???

I think it's time for a bumper sticker.
TexRat, you do realise that you've just made one of the guys in the office shoot his drink out of his nose with that one. Now that managed to mause the entire office! You're definatey back on form!

LOL tags.... "I dreamed a dream..."
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
LOL tags.... "I dreamed a dream..."
TexRat, you have a rival on here!

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by Guber99 View Post
I will keep you updated how the return goes, since knowing NOKIA, they will likely deny the return of my N900.

Unfortunately, despite liking the device, I can not connect to my Exchange 2007, due to non provisioning in this device. Without email, N900 is useless to me.

Wish me luck that NOKIA will take it back

Wow, I didn't realize you were the Original Poster . . . lol . . . this really didn't turn ugly . . . . You started out saying that you really like the device but can't use your work email . . . . Hey, I am sorry man but you really got off on a bad foot with the whole . . . this phone isn't for people with "REAL JOBS" bull sh*t . . . . this is the Open Source community forum where we try to help solve each others problems and answer each others questions about the Linux based Maemo OS, this is not the Nokia Support forums nor the customer service . . . so if Nokia is not accepting your return or if they forwarded your phone call to an Indian Call-Center (TMOBILE DOES THIS TOO) or what ever dont take it out on US!!!!

That being said . . . . since their are obiouly people whoo have exchange working on the N900 why not try searching for a solution and asking for help .... instead of acting pompous and whining about what NOKIA should have done . . . THIS IS NOT NOKIA!!!

THIS IS MAEMO and I am sure if you ask some of the people who use the Exchange Email for help they would be more then happy to point you in the right direction

If I specifically needed an obscure feature in my phone, I would CONFIRM that it was present before making the purchase, not just assume for the better if I didn't notice large disclaimers all over the advertisements.

Anyways, if u really need a business phone, get an E series device. The n900, with its low battery life and beta-ish status, is obviously not suitable for the role, despite its many capabilities. I recommend: e72!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ujwalsoni For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j-mi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
TexRat, you have a rival on here!
Oh please. I added that tag hours ago.

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
TexRat, you do realise that you've just made one of the guys in the office shoot his drink out of his nose with that one. Now that managed to mause the entire office! You're definatey back on form!
I can now go to sleep a contented rodent.

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-02-08 at 08:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ujwalsoni View Post
If I specifically needed an obscure feature in my phone, I would CONFIRM that it was present before making the purchase, not just assume for the better if I didn't notice large disclaimers all over the advertisements.

Anyways, if u really need a business phone, get an E series device. The n900, with its low battery life and beta-ish status, is obviously not suitable for the role, despite its many capabilities. I recommend: e72!
Unfortunately that was pointed out earlier in the thread but was ignored largely by the op.

Well my N900 is still going strong, maybe all te fly swatting mentioned earlier means the iPhone being used has run out of juice?

Was this really just a battery life expectancy comparison? LOL

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Guber99, I have a suggestion. If you are so absolutely certain that Nokia have sold you a pup with deceptive advertising, and can point to where they claim n900 will do something it won't, you have a valid lawsuit against them. After all, suing people is The American Way, isn't it?

Just do us all a favour and make sure it gets televised somewhere we can all follow on our n900s - it will be the best comedy show on earth. Your level of debate is ... amusing.

I have a 'real job' too - n900 will never support the level of security. I can't even plug it into a work computer as mass storage... USB connection is encrypted. Mind, I did my research and knew that in advance.

BTW, wikipedia says 'step 4 of 5' though they don't have a source, either. Were I researching what to buy, I'd take their word.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
activesync, exchange, expectations, fremantle, give 'em hell guber99, i dreamed a dream, maemo, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, non-provisionable, non-provisioning, provisionable, provisioning, return