This is so nice, thanks so much!

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by ah.sima View Post
it seems the heigth of horizontal scroll bar is using the same size of vertical scroll bar width. this is a problem.

( it is usually, many pages have correct page width will make the horizontal bar disapear when in full screen mode. this may make you happier )
Is there a way to have a small horizontal scrollbar for sites that do display a horizontal bar in full screen mode? Or is vertical and horizontal scollbars permanently tied together?

Rich

Originally Posted by richie View Post
Is there a way to have a small horizontal scrollbar for sites that do display a horizontal bar in full screen mode? Or is vertical and horizontal scollbars permanently tied together?

Rich
it seems the microB web browser tied vertical and horizontal scroll bar size together. other programs, such as file manager, maemopad,etc., can display a wide vertical scroll bar and a thin horizontal scroll bar correctly when i have make some changes. it is not a good news.

personally i dokt think it is that big of a deal and if anything having the thick horizontal scroll bar is a good thing. ps did i tell you how much better this has made my n800 experiance!

thanks again for the .deb

i have upload echowb.deb package to maemo garage (just as a place for storage).

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Code:
sudo gainroot
sed -i '/style "osso-scrollbar"/,/engine/ s/[0-9][0-9]$/88/' /usr/share/themes/glasser/gtkrc
Then choose the Glasser theme, and enjoy.
Benson, when I enter this code, Xterm says that there is no such file or directory. And when I look with emelFM2, I have the whole path through /glasser but there is no gtkrc

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Hmmmm... You should, otherwise you don't have the theme. Which would be odd indeed. As root, I assume?

Anyway, be aware you'll need to do something with the images, too, if you want it to look nice. If you can figure out which images, netpbmtools or imagemagick make it easy to scale them 4x.

Hmmmm... You should, otherwise you don't have the theme. Which would be odd indeed. As root, I assume?

Anyway, be aware you'll need to do something with the images, too, if you want it to look nice. If you can figure out which images, netpbmtools or imagemagick make it easy to scale them 4x.
I definitely have the theme. (I'm looking at it now!) What I have in the glasser/ directory is:

gtk-2.0/
images/
matchbox/
index.theme

and nothing else. And, yes, I was root.

[I'm not worried about its looks. I just like Glasser for when I want everything easiest to see. Usually, for looks' sake, I stick with nuvoClear (made, I think, by Underscore).]

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Ah... Perhaps I left out the gtk-2.0 bit? Yep, that's it. I'll go fix it right away.
Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Code:
sudo gainroot
sed -i '/style "osso-scrollbar"/,/engine/ s/[0-9][0-9]$/88/' /usr/share/themes/glasser/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
Then choose the Glasser theme, and enjoy.

It looks ugly, IMHO, but if you want nicer, you'll have to draw your own pixmaps or redirect it to use the wide ones.
It's big, it's ugly, but is it ever convenient!

Help Save This Forum