Notices

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
This is, as far as I know, caused by the fact that AIS is uncompiled Python, which means that with AIS installed, hildon-status-menu's process includes within it the python interpreter and whatever ram+cpu that that takes up.

Hence it showing up higher in the list.
Same/similar applies to Advanced Clock Plugin (pushing the CPU usage to almost always 2%, also consuming battery), which was the reason for me to deinstall that. (I know: wrong thread )
But only with Advanced Interface Switcher it is still below 0.5-1 %, so no big problem.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Same/similar applies to Advanced Clock Plugin (pushing the CPU usage to almost always 2%, also consuming battery), which was the reason for me to deinstall that. (I know: wrong thread )
But only with Advanced Interface Switcher it is still below 0.5-1 %, so no big problem.
Keep in mind that in all of these uncompiled Python applets:
Advanced Clock Plugin
Advanced Power
Advanced Interface Switcher

The actual CPU usage is less when you've got the screen covered and blank. Realistically, I have a VERY busy Advanced Clock Plugin style (my Monitor Clock, I mentioned it in that program's thread), and I have Advanced Interface Switcher, and while there might be some battery use decrease, I don't notice it that much. Especially when comparing idle times, the standby time with screen off and everything is effectively the same.

Also, I DO think that your results might have had to do with something being wrongly working, or it being a very CPU-intensive clockstyle. Because even right now, with my rather processor heavy clock style for Advanced Clock Plugin, and Advanced Interface Switcher, my status menu process is taking up 0.0 CPU.

6.2% RAM, yes, but 0.0% CPU. Which means even if it is doing a lot of processing, it's not even high enough to register as taking up a thousandth of the CPU's total processing.

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Keep in mind that in all of these uncompiled Python applets:
Advanced Power
Advanced Interface Switcher
I didn't want to ruin your theory, but compiled files (.pyc) are included in all my python packages )))

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
I didn't want to ruin your theory, but compiled files (.pyc) are included in all my python packages )))
Yes, I believe you mentioned that. I do recall, however, shortly after your N900 sank somewhere, that I was using your SVN version from the garage - that only came with .py files if I recall correctly, and, upon copying the .py files from the svn directory to where they belonged, the updated version kicked in - however, the last-modified dates on the.pyc files never changed.

At any rate, even if I'm wrong, my point was still that while uncompiled python (even if AIS executes the compiled versions normally) takes up some RAM and CPU, it's not enough to account for the numbers that the person I was responding to reported.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
I have a problem with this program, as I can't turn wifi off.
When I connect to network and use AIS to switch wifi off it only disconnects. Also if I am not connected, I won't let me switch it off

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
I have a problem with this program, as I can't turn wifi off.
When I connect to network and use AIS to switch wifi off it only disconnects. Also if I am not connected, I won't let me switch it off
Please post the output of running
Code:
python /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/advanced_interface_switcher.py 1
in XTerm

It would be nice to merge functionality from Wifi Switcher and Wlan driver selector, so there can be only one status plugin.

Originally Posted by iscio View Post
I connected the bt to my car bt and I try to push bt to deactive it but it doesn't do nothing. I try to mantaing the button to open the preference but it doesn't open the preference

I found this post
have you found any solution?

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Indonesia
Installed,working for me. Excellent app. Better than WiFi switcher!
BoilX

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
can this switch wifi drivers? If not what is WLAN:enable mode startup? Thanks