Active Topics

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 261 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
What I would like to know is what is Nokia's position on GTK versus Qt - which toolset does Nokia expect developers to prioritize?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeremiah For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
GTK is the "legacy" toolkit, but Qt certainly seems like it is really important to Nokia these days.

Hmm, the Qt logo is a little higher and on the right side (as opposed to GTK's tri-colour box on the mid-left), so maybe it will become the new toolkit-of-choice?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
So, you're saying gstreamer is the one to rule them all ?

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
So, you're saying gstreamer is the one to rule them all ?
Just maybe...

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by jeremiah View Post
What I would like to know is what is Nokia's position on GTK versus Qt - which toolset does Nokia expect developers to prioritize?
GTK+ if you are familiar with it and/or you prefer to use the official toolkit in Maemo 5.

Qt if you don't have a strong opinion and/or you have mid term plans involving Nokia devices, not only with Maemo but also with Symbian.

If you want to discuss more please open a new thread. It was really a coincidence that I hit this question here.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:

Tags
clipboard, python, threading