Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=777
Ashley download the file from this post.

after installing the app, open it and select your hotmail mail for exchange account. Then switch on the toggle for force eas protocol and enter 2.5 as the version. Click save and you are done. This setting is available is the easy tweak mode of the app.
Thank you so much for your help and to the designer of the software - my Exchange account settings has now started syncing correctly with Hotmail folders! MeMail Settings is now showing an updated build is due - will not update this now.

Some great work here - Nokia/ Microsoft take note!!!!!!! Thank you again!

I been having the same troubles with my hotmail not syncing With hopes of trying this fix. I assume that in order for me to change the EAS protocol my account must be added first. Unfortunately, I cant even add my hotmail account.

Any ideas or work around?

@outlook.com account with N9

Is there a better way with N9 to use @outlook.com. With browser it is not usable (www.outlook.com)

Tried to create an account but it did not work. Hints for correct settings?

MS is for sure not bringing support to N9 or BB.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...outlook/mobile

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
@outlook.com account with N9

Is there a better way with N9 to use @outlook.com. With browser it is not usable (www.outlook.com)

Tried to create an account but it did not work. Hints for correct settings?

MS is for sure not bringing support to N9 or BB.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...outlook/mobile

well i'm using outlook.com using the stock browser and its identical to m.hotmail.com...obviously i'm using the iOS user agent settings but so far outlook.com is nothing big for mobile devices...by the time it changes to become different from hotmail we will have a new solution...

also did you try adding outlook.com using Mail for Exchange with and without changing the EAS protocol...

Perfect! Problem solved. Finally managed to add my account but it still would not sync. Installed the application, changed the EAS protocol, and shazam! It started working again.

many thanks! sergy, hardwater, and thedead1440

well i'm using outlook.com using the stock browser and its identical to m.hotmail.com...obviously i'm using the iOS user agent settings but so far outlook.com is nothing big for mobile devices...by the time it changes to become different from hotmail we will have a new solution...

also did you try adding outlook.com using Mail for Exchange with and without changing the EAS protocol...
Thanks, I look into this.

What I need to do so i can use the iOS user agent settings with the stock web browser? I know that this is easy to change with Firefox but do not know how to do it with stock web browser....

look for the thread started by Arie titled "Easiest way to change user agent on stock browser"

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
So, good news. I uploaded a new MeMailSettings package to the Ovi Store, so probably soon it will be available in the store I did small visual update plus going to add a "How to use MeMailSettings" video on a support page.

UPDATE: video is ready sorry for a bad quality, I'm not at home atm, so... that's all I can do

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Last edited by Sergey_Kashin; 2012-08-05 at 16:36.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
thanks for the latest version Sergey...

I loved it the way you were "Common faster" in the video even though you know its going to work 100% and you are the only one who has come up with the solution to hotmail exchange issues among every OS out there...

Thanks for your brilliant work...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
thanks for the latest version Sergey...

I loved it the way you were "Common faster" in the video even though you know its going to work 100% and you are the only one who has come up with the solution to hotmail exchange issues among every OS out there...

Thanks for your brilliant work...
damn, is it really sounds like 'common faster'?)) It was "come on, faster!"

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950