Closed Thread
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by moodswinger View Post
I apparently just did something stupid by adding the following line to the end of transitions.ini:

gconftool -st bool /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate false

effectively rendering my N900 disabled - there is only one home screen with overlapping icons. Any help?

Thanks in advance!
Edit the transitions.ini file (Ctrl+Shift+X to get X terminal and do it from there if you can't get to the launcher) and remove it again. That's a command you're meant to run, not something to put in the transitions.ini file.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
Anyone knows how to disable the orientation lock applet? If I remove it via apt-get it removes the metapackage of fremantle
found a way: rename the applet in /usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu/status-area-orientationlock-applet.desktop

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
found a way: rename the applet in /usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu/status-area-orientationlock-applet.desktop
That is silly!

How about following the correct advice as given by jpala16 a few posts after your question?

The Following User Says Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
i will try to do that - but what about the icons of the shortcuts? I don't see their locations there

Thanks
They are not in 'applets', should check. Btw: you can print out all recursive conf directories with gconftool-2 option....

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Anyone knows how to disable the orientation lock applet? If I remove it via apt-get it removes the metapackage of fremantle
As pointed by petur, it's easier to just use powatool as "put-name-in-here" (I don't remember, sorry) told in this thread some pages ago. It's easy, painless and effective. And you can disable more of those status-area plugins (this is it instead of applets, right?).

Last edited by jpala16; 2011-09-16 at 09:08. Reason: Corrected spelling ;)

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
My n900 pronounced dead.

After all kind of updates of CSSU and kernel the power management has been killed. USB port seems to be good, adapter too. Also tried different batteries. But nothing seems to make it alive again.

Can't charge while it's on, can't reflash it, because it doesn't recognize. When charging while it's off it shows me nokia logo, 5 dots, nokia logo, 5 dots and so on.

It's not dead, you need to reflash but it will be ok

Try this: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

reflash the whole rootfs

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by JadeH View Post
It's not dead, you need to reflash but it will be ok

Try this: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

reflash the whole rootfs
Can't do that. It doesn't recognize the usb as it used be. It can't handle anything. So reflashing through usb is no option.

But thanks anyway.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Edit the transitions.ini file (Ctrl+Shift+X to get X terminal and do it from there if you can't get to the launcher) and remove it again. That's a command you're meant to run, not something to put in the transitions.ini file.
Rob1n,

Thanks for the advice. I unfortunately cannot access the X terminal via Ctrl+Shift+X.

Will transitions.ini be automatically rewritten/updated with the next rendition of CSSU Features? If so, then I can wait for the next update (I believe I will be able to update as that section of the screen is functional), rather than have to reflash.

Anyone knows when the next update is due?

Thank you.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade