Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
IB Times article updated after Jolla contacted them for clarification:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/36...ngry-birds.htm
There we go.

People should stop string sh*t up, everyone can express their opinions but what has been happening lately was just stupid.
People were just claiming things that weren't true and just caused a lot of confusion.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
IB Times article updated after Jolla contacted them for clarification:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/36...ngry-birds.htm
now can trolls like specc shut up and go elsewhere!? Because above is enought to show that jolla will work with the mer community!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by lma View Post
*there will be one device that's locked by default but with an open "developer" mode
*there will be a locked consumer device and an open "developer" version (essentially same device)
It's one of those two, Jussi himself addressed it in a later interview*, & it was linked a gazillion times in this thread.
Based on what he said, it sounded more to me like the 1st one, but put your question/s in the google doc.

*because a previous one resulted in the writer claiming two totally different devices are coming

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-19 at 22:32.

I would guess #2 would be the answer, because it makes the most sense. I can't see a small company producing two different sets of hardware with one being a very small audience.

Originally Posted by TheLongshot View Post
I would guess #2 would be the answer, because it makes the most sense. I can't see a small company producing two different sets of hardware with one being a very small audience.
It can be same hardware with one excluding the security stack from software and adding other needed bits, other for regular customers with all kinds of security stack included.

So this thread was running absolutely hot & I've only just caught up on the last 5-days or so...
(much of the same stuff re-hashed/reinterpreted, but some very interesting points raised too)
Where are all those same crazy questions/thoughts for the doc, please start adding them there!
I know many are frustrated with the seemingly mixed signals Jolla's been (inadvertently) sending.
So now is your chance to get that sorted! (within reason I imagine)...

Ima you've been one of the biggest sceptics, & with good reason, it'd be great to see your thoughts.
Specc, you've been very passionate in your dissonance....
Can't say I've agreed with much of your logic or how it was informed, but you seem like you want the truth out of all this.
We probably won't get all the detail, but perhaps we can get "enough" to make us better informed & hence less sceptical.
And there's been many other very interesting posters too, so please add your thoughts/Qns here!

update:
Getting better! Still missing much of the great stuff I quickly scanned earlier though.
Dig-up your older thoughts/posts and add them there please folks...
Some of it's gold, & no doubt they haven't even seriously contemplated some of it! (yet)

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-20 at 08:22.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
jalyst, The Council is planning to contact Jolla in formal way. Right now, SD69 is in charge of that task, so it might be useful if questions from the community are sent also by him.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I'll try to leave the too-specifics out btw i changed formatting a bit.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
jalyst, The Council is planning to contact Jolla in formal way. Right now, SD69 is in charge of that task, so it might be useful if questions from the community are sent also by him.
Sure, but at least this way the Qns are devised by, & coming directly from, the entire community.
Once done he can reformat for better clarity if needs be, and then forward them the link.

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
I'll try to leave the too-specifics out btw i changed formatting a bit.
Looks neater now, thanks for that.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-07-20 at 08:21.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bushey, Herts, UK.
Originally Posted by _David_ View Post
Also, Jolla have some MeeGo patents.

http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-gifts...rtup-10237812/
According to Stefan Constantinescu, This was a misunderstanding which he caused. He mistranslated a finnish article concerning the 'Nokia Bridge' program for startups and slashgear wrote it up without checking. Ha ha.

Edit.. Sorry no idea why i've gone back 50 posts to quote and reply on this. Either I'm tired or my computer is broken.

Last edited by qwertyberty; 2012-07-20 at 08:48.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla