Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
i doubt there is a SoC in production today that cannot support higher resolutions than qHD.
I am only reply what stkeeps posted on twitter. However no one has stated Jolla will use latest SoC.

Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
im currently using MSM8255 (scorpion) based phone, Xperia pro. nope it doesn't have 4G at all. and i doubt QUalcomm will entertain small startup company to do chip customization
if its correct info from PhoneArena the specification for HTC Velocity vodaphone 4G say that that old SoC (8260) has 4G. I dont know where 8255 came in... because what I was saying was it may be same SoC as that HTC Velocity:

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_velocity_4g-4435.php

so what your phone has is irrelevant if you replyied me

However I do not say info from PhoneArena is fully correct always, my point is they may very well use old SoC with never modem etc...

And its way more likely than hope on new HW and then get pissed when people expected to much yet again...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-09-24 at 19:39.

Any idea how that Snapdragon SoC supports various LTE frequencies?

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
However I do not say info from PhoneArena is fully correct always, my point is they may very well use old SoC with never modem etc...
woow, it's like I have seen Jolla's first cellphone with a higher cpu clock.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
if its correct info from PhoneArena the specification for HTC Velocity vodaphone 4G say that that old SoC (8260) has 4G. I dont know where 8255 came in... because what I was saying was it may be same SoC as that HTC Velocity:

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_velocity_4g-4435.php

so what your phone has is irrelevant if you replyied me

Only detail that would be weird, if Jolla used that MSM8260 (link) in their phone, would be that all the other devices using the same SoC are running it in 1.2, 1.5 or 1.7 GHz. Not a single device running it in 1.4 GHz.

Why would Jolla run it in 1.4 GHz? Don't know if #unlike is the proper answer here....

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
I'd like to see people here claiming that :
- dual-core ARM processor @ 1.3 GHz;
- 1GB of RAM;
- 4.0" screen;
- 1570 mAh battery;
- 8 MPixels camera;
is a low-end smartphone specification...

Of course, if it is from Jolla, the above configuration is "low-end" (following some dumbest comments here), but if it is from ..., it is the greatest smartphone in the Universe.
I don't get how you always telling "we are not like iphone, android", but then you compare yourself to them. Make a choice please.
The resolution is low, and there is nothing to do about it. You caan tell it's not important and you can tell that it saves battery. But if resolution is not important, why would UI be so much important about OS? As you put it as one of the strong sides. From my exp with Z10, Good screen make logic UI fantastic. It's like watching good movie in Telescreen quality.
And about battery — really that the reason?

Now all people telling me that optimized OS that and optimized apps this... First of , we don't know how it is optimized, except few 5 sec on youtube we don't know anything. They don't seem to have apps and provide only android apps. But even that is irrelevant. The point that all those people talking about how hardware is overrated, still like good hw. You still can compile on pentium 4 but you would prefer i7. As well as buying outdated hw is worse in the meaning of you would need to upgrade more often. You would prefer computer with an extra 1GB ram ( when it's not that difference today) and you would know it would keep you running for more few years as OS is optimized as it's promised.
Meh, never mind, people keeping thinking that Jolla are their buddies. People working there may be, but company is there to make business and while they tell they are not like android or iphone, i still see that people are running after them(it's new thing today), instead of when company should run after customer.
So two strong cards are TOH and UI and no one knows exactly anything about them. Everything else is just like old time Nokia... " You don't get it, it's real phone". And all those time we can divide in periods by "YO! Revolution OS. Let's wear new t-shirts with logo" till "They ruined it, let's wear t-shirt in memory for OS" and again and again. Everytime "it's different" and everytime it's the same story.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
I don't get how you always telling "we are not like iphone, android", but then you compare yourself to them. Make a choice please.
The resolution is low, and there is nothing to do about it. You caan tell it's not important and you can tell that it saves battery. But if resolution is not important, why would UI be so much important about OS? As you put it as one of the strong sides. From my exp with Z10, Good screen make logic UI fantastic. It's like watching good movie in Telescreen quality.

Now all people telling me that optimized OS that and optimized apps this... First of , we don't know how it is optimized, except few 5 sec on youtube we don't know anything. They don't seem to have apps and provide only android apps. But even that is irrelevant. The point that all those people talking about how hardware is overrated, still like good hw. You still can compile on pentium 4 but you would prefer i7. As well as buying outdated hw is worse in the meaning of you would need to upgrade more often. You would prefer computer with an extra 1GB ram ( when it's not that difference today) and you would know it would keep you running for more few years as OS is optimized as it's promised.
Meh, never mind, people keeping thinking that Jolla are their buddies. People working there may be, but company is there to make business and while they tell they are not like android or iphone, i still see that people are running after them(it's new thing today), instead of when company should run after customer.
So two strong cards are TOH and UI and no one knows exactly anything about them. Everything else is just like old time Nokia... " You don't get it, it's real phone". And all those time we can divide in periods by "YO! Revolution OS. Let's wear new t-shirts with logo" till "They ruined it, let's wear t-shirt in memory for OS" and again and again. Everytime "it's different" and everytime it's the same story.
Whats the problem no one say you have to buy it. Go get an Lumia or Samsung, Iphone or whatever its your choice if you don't beleive in Jolla and thinks history repeating itself...

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
The resolution is low, and there is nothing to do about it. You caan tell it's not important and you can tell that it saves battery. But if resolution is not important, why would UI be so much important about OS?
Please, respect other opinions. I CAN TELL WHAT IS IMPORTANT in my point of view as many times as I want. I don't agree at all with your claims that qHD in 4.5" is low resolution.

As you put it as one of the strong sides. From my exp with Z10, Good screen make logic UI fantastic. It's like watching good movie in Telescreen quality.
So is iPhone 5S with 4" fine to watch good movies ?

They don't seem to have apps and provide only android apps.
So your lack of information means you know the truth ?

So two strong cards are TOH and UI and no one knows exactly anything about them.
Again your lack of knowlegment...
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2013-09-24 at 19:58.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Please, respect other opinions. I CAN TELL WHAT IS IMPORTANT in my point of view as many times as I want. I don't agree at all with your claims that qHD in 4.5" is low resolution.

So is iPhone 5S with 4" fine to watch good movies ?

So your lack of information means you know the truth ?

Again your lack of knowlegment...
I don't have or want iPhone. Why you always have to compare to something worse. What about Blackberry Z10 for example.

Opinion is opinion, numbers are numbers 960X540 (am i right? ) is low resolution for 2013, even 2014 (as 2013 is over soon)
About lack of apps *— i bet you have apps, but how many native apps, that's the real question
And sure it's lack of information, as all what provided is big lack of information.
And don't tell me because that someone still the idea. So what possibly can be the reason? Maybe Jolla doesn't know itself what it would be :P

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 111 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hong Kong
I'd like to see people here claiming that :
- dual-core ARM processor @ 1.3 GHz;
- 1GB of RAM;
- 4.0" screen;
- 1570 mAh battery;
- 8 MPixels camera;
is a low-end smartphone specification...

Of course, if it is from Jolla, the above configuration is "low-end" (following some dumbest comments here), but if it is from ..., it is the greatest smartphone in the Universe.
It is 326 ppi(which is great for non-Latin font),
latest 64bit arm cpu with more or less fastest graphic,
bsi f/2.2 camera for great photo,
tons of accessories

You can get since iphone 4(mid 2010) which is now ask for RMB 2,588 (€313.x) with latest os, bsi cam f/2.4, especially same 326 ppi, in apple online store.

We are only ask for reasonable spec. Big screen with low ppi = cheap phone(<€100) in China(even €100-200 phone use 4.7" 720p in China), Screen always is people first impression of a phone. Is Jolla still focus in China? I highly doubt that.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaelmhk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Opinion is opinion, numbers are numbers 960X540 (am i right? ) is low resolution for 2013, even 2014 (as 2013 is over soon)
How you judge numbers is also an opinion...
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post: