kojacker: Thank you, I have just filled and submitted the competition submission form.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aStrike For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Did you have any luck with this rfeese?
Yes, actually. Apparently you should not define your own function called "shutdown" when using SDL in maemo. I eventually figured out it was being called somehow during SDL_init. I think I figured it out in gdb on the phone or maybe it was just process-of-elimination.

So, provided I can figure out how to package things up tonight/tomorrow morning, I should be able to submit what I've got.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rfeese For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I had it in my mind that the meeting was still at 18:00, I've just sent the following email to the council regarding voting details. Hopefully you'll have a chance to glance over it before the meeting with X-Fade in a couple of hours. If not, the message is we'll like to keep things the same as last year and missing details like entrants etc I'll be able to provide after the closing date (10th).
Kojacker,

We discussed this with X-Fade today in #maemo-meeting. His primary concerns were time for setup and the amount of e-mail generated based on last year's CC. I've been able to offer help on both of those, and it seems with a small patch & time I'll donate, we will be able to offer you the use of the voting machine for CC!

There is one caveat: Unlike last year, this time everyone will get one e-mail with a single token. The same token will be usable once in each competition/election. This means you will have to enter the same e-mail and token for each election.

This also waits on X-Fade reviewing/testing the code changes I made to one of the scripts and committing them to SVN. But the changes are rather small, and needed for the next Council/Board combo election too.

It is very likely I will be setting up the voting machine tables for the competition to help reduce the amount of manual work/time X-Fade needs to commit. So when you do have your entry lists, please carbon me (or Council) on the e-mail with the list.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
I spent several hours trying to create a package tonight but have not been successful. I'm submitting a tarball. Hopefully that is acceptable.

I tried using the submission form but it didn't seem to work, so I sent mine in via the email address.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rfeese For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Bulgaria
Location & Navigation continues to disappoint with only one confirmed submission so far, I've sent out an SOS to the world
It's a shame that we have just a single submission to such an interesting category but in general the interest in the competition is high in all other categories. Btw I had some ideas for location&navigation apps but I didn't have time to implement them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leon.anavi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Seems like you guys don't stop to donate...

Donation by Schturman (awesome profile pic btw...)

This donation broke also the 700 EUR mark in total donations.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_Codi...ity_Prize_Fund

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Just donated to the cause.. Hit the damn confirm button without adding my name. Conf# 65126652GE1803444. I try to help the community when I can

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
Just donated to the cause.. Hit the damn confirm button without adding my name. Conf# 65126652GE1803444. I try to help the community when I can
And there we go!

70 EUR by justadude.
You are awesome! This donation also sets a new record for the amount of a single donation.
Sorry ljo! But you still hold the record for the total amount of donations from a single member with 120 EUR!

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo.org_Codi...ity_Prize_Fund

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rfeese View Post
I spent several hours trying to create a package tonight but have not been successful. I'm submitting a tarball. Hopefully that is acceptable.

I tried using the submission form but it didn't seem to work, so I sent mine in via the email address.
Oh jeah, packaging is a pain. I ported my worst coding competition contribution 2012 this morning to maemo5. Was done in some minutes... and since then I'm trying to create a working tarball package for the autobuilder to push it to extra-devel.
It is driving me crazy. I'm using py2deb because I used it for all my N900 projects and it should be the fastest way for me to get it working. But I'm getting always the same error message:
"ERROR running /etc/buildme.d/check_build: Binary name empty"
If I copy this error message inclusive those "" into google I get some other autobuilder error messages... but ALWAYS ONLY MY OWN PROJECTS!

So I'm doing something wrong... this happens only to me, I'm doing it nearly every time, I got it fixed at some point and the packaging works but because I passed already the big 30 I'm unable to remember what went wrong the last times. So I'm sitting now here since some hours, trying to get it uploaded to the Autobuilder while my girlfriend is trying to tell me she would like to enjoy the great weather outside. Together with me!

I rally feel your pain, rfeese. Trust me!
But as you see... not only for you is packaging the biggest challange while participating.

We have about 36 hours to go. Get it working rfeese, never give up!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas