Notices

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Thank you!
We need to uninstall 0.0.9-45 or we can install coco over this version ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
The upgrade to 0.0.10 on N900 was smooth.
The app remember all old setting including old sound files
which is a known problem in the android version.

Screen look better, buttons are big and clear,
and response to touch is a lot faster from old versions.

Can't wait to test it on a ride.

Hope the new version will navigate us to a better world.

TY for the effort to make waze available to us.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to em28 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Open Source Capitol of the World
Very anxious to try new version. Had to reboot N900 three times today during Waze 0.0.9-30 usage due to loss of data connection and resulting endless loop. Had Android version along side running to get navigation routing and announcements.

Allowed update to 0.0.10 through HAM OTA. Waze displayed in a small window about half the size of the N900 screen. Waze would not go to full screen. Uninstalled and reloaded 0.0.9.30 from dot deb.

Later did a complete uninstall of 0.0.9-30 with a complete removal of MyDocs/.waze, and then installed 0.0.10 using FAM. Screen display issue was resolved. Search for addresses and POI works perfectly. Routing, however, still never completes.

Data connection disconnect loop seems to be resolved! Big thank you!

Anyone else using Waze in US on N900 getting routing to work?

The Following User Says Thank You to PdxDoug For This Useful Post:
Had a short trip with waze 0.0.10 on N900, here is my impression:

- The app is much more stable than old version, I didn't have any crash.
- The possibility to reduce app to background is very useful.
- The new look is clear & nice.
- The ETA line is big & visible all time, waze should copy it.
- At last we can see the reports inner text.
- Next turn icon is big & clear, maybe next to next turn should be one on top of each other.

- Speedometer is big & clear, but I would prefer to use it place
to enlarge the icons of reports (דווח/דיווחים), speedometer can go to ETA line.
- The top line where Waze icons places is a waste of realestate, It can be hide at inner nenu.

- Map is blinking from time to time.
- Reprts goes to full screen mode randomally.

As for the first independent version it is a very good one.
Keep the good work, אתה תותח.

Last edited by em28; 2012-10-27 at 17:48.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to em28 For This Useful Post:
need a help..
i think my internel gps n network positioning is crashed...not able to connect gps..
i am using cssu on n900
gps is not able connect in any application...
pllzzz help

Last edited by parth.rocky; 2012-10-28 at 06:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to parth.rocky For This Useful Post:
update:
- The map blink issue - seem that map blink only in landscape mode.
- Sometimes the app open in a small window - rotating the phone twice (landscape-->protrait-->landscape) solved it.
- As I Used Waze today I noticed too much space is waste from the height of the map, it could be remove to the sides.

Keep it running, Assaf.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to em28 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by em28 View Post
update:
- The map blink issue - seem that map blink only in landscape mode.
- Sometimes the app open in a small window - rotating the phone twice (landscape-->protrait-->landscape) solved it.
- As I Used Waze today I noticed too much space is waste from the height of the map, it could be remove to the sides.

Keep it running, Assaf.
The map blinking issue - its a map refresh - I hope to solve it in version 0.4 (as part of a big change) or find a workaround in a closer release

Regarding the rotate issue, I havnt encountered it... does it occur when you start the application when the phone is rotated? Are you using "force rotate" tweak?

Regarding the usability suggestions - I will move the top bar into a popup menu in the next release. The turn by turn takes less place when they are side by side, especially in cases where you have the zoom buttons that become visible above it. The speedometer cannot go next to the ETA region as in portrait mode there will not be enough room for all 4 texts (ETA, remaining time, remaining distance & speed).

I'll be thankfull if you can draw a mockup for the portrait & landscape modes of what you had in mind and post it here. I will make it a reality

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by parth.rocky View Post
need a help..
i think my internel gps n network positioning is crashed...not able to connect gps..
i am using cssu on n900
gps is not able connect in any application...
pllzzz help
Have you tried changing the AGPS preferences to supl.google.com?

Hi there, I just registered here and this my first post - please be patient .

I am using an N900 and updated Waze to 0.0.10 a few days ago. Several problems occured as described here such as the "small-window-mode". As described in #382 I uninstalled Waze, deleted the ./waze directory in MyDocs and installed it again, which solved the window-problem (well, nearly - it happened once or twice again).

I then was not able to make Samantha talk to me again, even though I had downloaded the German voice after several trials (Waze crashed three or four times before eventually downloading).

When navigating, speech was always disabled, and enabling it while Waze was running had no effect.

Trying to route without guidance by voice, I noticed my car was moving, but the map on the screen was not , as if I was standing still.

So I once again uninstalled, deleted ./waze from MyDocs and now also deleted ./local/share/data/Waze.

After installing once again, I now am not able to make Waze work anymore. First thing is the registration-process as a Waze user, and after login Waze is waiting for network, thats it (of course, network is available).

In the current state Waze is no longer usable for me what is a pity, as it used to be the best working navigation on my device. I also have Modrana and Marble installed, but they both have other disadvantages that make me want to use Waze instead.

Originally Posted by Posidonia View Post
Hi there, I just registered here and this my first post - please be patient

So I once again uninstalled, deleted ./waze from MyDocs and now also deleted ./local/share/data/Waze.

After installing once again, I now am not able to make Waze work anymore. First thing is the registration-process as a Waze user, and after login Waze is waiting for network, thats it (of course, network is available).
In the current state Waze is no longer usable for me what is a pity, as it used to be the best working navigation on my device. I also have Modrana and Marble installed, but they both have other disadvantages that make me want to use Waze instead.
can you please remove ~/MyDocs/.waze one more time, run it, make it crash and send the ~/MyDocs/.waze/postmortem file so I can take a closer look at the problem?

also you will need to raise the debug level as described in the first post