Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
http://www.talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88888

34 pages, champ.
Something is wrong with the link, can't open it...

Originally Posted by white_ranger View Post
Something is wrong with the link, can't open it...
corrected here...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=88888

= a many more than anyone might guess.

I refuse to buy anything else, just junky bling

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

Originally Posted by memeces View Post
Thanks Joerg for pointing me to the Neo900 project. I forgot to say that my N900 is much better for drawing or for taking handwritten notes than my Android tablet or other devices I have seen (not tried the Samsung Galaxy Notes but seems too much work around). Thanks to the 'old-fashioned' resistive screen and the stylus. This is why I also miss a bigger screen. I liked very much the program Xournal as it worked in my Nokia N810. I also prefer to have a physical keyboard in the slider design. You can either work only with the screen with the keyboard hidden or with the keyboard when it is out.
An amazing summary I completely agree with.
I still use mine and refuse to buy anything else,
just waiting on the neo900.

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following User Says Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Still using the N900 as my main device since 2009. I was on the Amiga computer platform up until only just over a decade ago, so the N900 makes a lot of sense to me. In the last three years I've learned more through using my N900 than I have in over ten years of using Windows.

However, my N900 has taken a beating in the last year and it's starting to show some signs of wear. This has had me looking for a potential replacement. Plus I find the N900 very thick and heavy. It would be nice to have a similar device in a lighter, more streamlined case.

I lightly used an E7 for the last year as a secondary device. I liked the case design. The keyboard was pretty good too, although the layout isn't as well balanced as the N900. But the E7 is now sitting idle in a drawer...

I have my eyes on the Jolla device. I'm confident that the overall functionality will be good. I think it has a lot going for it. The Jolla device is roughly at the same price point as the N900 when it was new, and I'll have to think about what I need, what I use, and what I want from a mobile device when the Jolla is released.

The 808 is an option that I'm considering as a bonus device along with the Neo900 as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kriek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
Me too. Too many memories with this phone...

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
n770->n800/n810->n900->neo900
the n900 was the 1st handheld device or phone for that matter that I ever paid more than 200.00 for.
I researched the h*ll out of the device, the os, the community support, and the competition ...spent months researching before I bought my 1st n900...Still use mine. I love the thing. Best investment in tech.

Sad to say I'm going to retire it to ebay the moment I get my neo900....someone will want/need a pristine n900...especially if they can't afford the neo900.

Least I should do....why hoard the love...eh?

The Following User Says Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Still my main phone and it works perfectly - never repaired. Because it has : keyboard (mine is in french azerty) ; big and extensible memory ; resistive screen (I don't like Capacitive sensing) ; Linux (I still use the original maemo5 version 21.2011.38-1) ; very loudly speakers; and is without interest for robbers and black-hat hackers.

My first post on TMO, so hi all users!,

After my Android phone broke (I was frustrated with it in the latest months, but had little other option), I've acquired an used N900 from my friend, who has been using it actively 'til he moved to iPhone 4 (Shame on him.) I was amazed with it from seeing what he can do on it (I had some higher experience with Linux too, earlier) so I got it from him. It's in a good state, apart from front camera not working (I don't need it anyway) and some rare slider issues. Fell in love instantly <3

My favourite things about it, except the apps I can get for it? Being Debian-based, of course!; 27GB of user memory; good keyboard; fm-tx and IrDA (lost my tv remote a while ago ); highly-customizable status window and desktop; flexible messaging with option of adding protocols to contacts (after installing IM protocol plugins there's even no need for Pidgin); super easily rootable; resistive screen; decent default email client (on Symbian (E51) and Android (Desire S) the default clients just hung up on my huge Gmail inbox, here it took only few minutes to sync). Oh, and when I ever decide to get a new phone while the N900 still works, it'll be my webserver (I host a small website, but not the one in profile)

The Following User Says Thank You to mhzesent For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Prague, CZ
Hello,
count me in

I finally moved from N900 to N9. It has better phone function, and satisfies practically all my other needs. My only concerns are a shorter battery life (my N900 has Mugen on it) and some missing apps that I occasionally use. BTW I am keeping my N900 too.

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900