I tried to connect via wifi and bluetooth on my N95 and did not work. It did not work with the wifi connection wep/wep2/open adhoc, but it detects the available networks. How to solve the connection problem?

Originally Posted by mlferreira View Post
I tried to connect via wifi and bluetooth on my N95 and did not work. It did not work with the wifi connection wep/wep2/open adhoc, but it detects the available networks. How to solve the connection problem?
My advice would be to wait until Mer 0.17 or later is officially released & then file a bug report.

Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
My advice would be to wait until Mer 0.17 or later is officially released & then file a bug report.
anyone know where 0.17 is going... im getting the feeling the Mer project is slowing down like lots of other projects like this have done over the years...

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
0.17 is moving right ahead - we just solved some virtual keyboard issues and struggling with a fix for reversed colours causing a lot of things turning white. Planning release the first week of the year. But keep in mind that 0.17 will only be a basis on which to develop other stuff and will -probably- be useless on anything but GL2.0-accelerated devices.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
For us less techy types, what are -- and aren't! -- GL2.0-accelerated devices? When might Mer be usable on an N800?

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
0.17 is moving right ahead - we just solved some virtual keyboard issues and struggling with a fix for reversed colours causing a lot of things turning white. Planning release the first week of the year. But keep in mind that 0.17 will only be a basis on which to develop other stuff and will -probably- be useless on anything but GL2.0-accelerated devices.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ San Jose, California, USA
My personal preference would be for the hardware drivers to be put into the mainstream kernel, and tablet-optimized window managers to be available for packaging into mainstream distributions. As long as the n810 has to run an n810-customized distro, it will be near impossible for the software to stay up to date. There's just not enough interest in maintaining stuff that only works on a particular piece of obsolete hardware.

I look forward to the day when I can get (or compile) a distribution like Ubuntu or Gentoo, put it on my arm-based device, and have access to the entire range of available software.

BTW, Mer has been able to install from Ubuntu repositories for some time, although as a practical matter it's been hit or miss whether or not you'll actually get any particular program to work. I've been assuming that the long-term goal for Mer is high degree of compatibility with Ubuntu. What advantages, then, does your approach have? Theoretical ability to adapt to other Linux distros (even non-debian)?

what we "not so fully into Nxx0 development" people wonder is what devices GL2.0-accelerated devices are?

Basically I mean GLES 2.0/GL devices (N900, X86, etc). Mer 0.17 was supposed to be the desktop changeover and this currently only is accelerated on GLES2.0 devices. 0.18 brings non-GL desktop alternative and possibly a GLES 1.1 (N8x0) patched/accelerated desktop.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
i'm n800 user , so, i have to waiting 0.18 ver. to replace my desktop environment .... i'm right?

ver. 0.17 will be not compatible with my 'old' device?!
It'll be compatible but the software rendering is slow.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:

Tags
daily use, mer, n810, readiness