Closed Thread
He's kind of right, you know. Maemo has like one fart app and the farts aren't even that good.

Last edited by anonymous; 2011-09-04 at 03:32.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to anonymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Well...no one stoping you from leaving Nokia & TMO here....
before you go away i would like to say.....

" NaNaNaNa......NaNaNaNa....OooYeaYea....GUDBYE!!!! "

Now Get Out Before We Kicked You Out!!!

Last edited by pusak gaoq; 2011-09-04 at 03:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Honestly, what did you expect to get by posting that here? Why don't you go off to the Android communities and post how much happier you are now that you're poking around with one of these devices, instead? What's the point of opening up a thread JUST to vent that out in that way?

Don't get me wrong--I understand how frustrated you are and what an incredible breath of fresh air it is to go to a platform with far more support from every direction you look in, where you actually get a myriad of available applications to choose from and the apps get updated and improved over the years instead of stagnating... and a platform where buying the next generation of device doesn't mean you have to start all over again as a developer and wait for re-releases all over again as an end-user. But you KNOW posting that on here will only enrage the Maemo/MeeGo faithful and make them feel defensive. ...or was that the whole point? Are you really that bored?

PS - Yes, I'm aware of the irony.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
What Maemo apps exactly are useless?
99% of the programs in the repos are useful.

Contrast that to Android, useless crap left and right, and on every app store. iOS programs are toys (blame that on the restrictions placed by Apple. Even a jailbroken iPhone is no fun.)
I agree with this post. Maemo has a pleasantly high percentage of useful apps if you ask me...

lol

you think thats bad ?

here in au you mention maemo n meego you get blank looks !

at least where you r ppl know what it is !

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
He's kind of right, you know. Maemo has like one fart app and the farts aren't even that good.
OMG ONLY ONE FART APP??? Elop was right this is a burning platform

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Y'all HBT. YHL. HAND.

Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
OMG ONLY ONE FART APP??? Elop was right this is a burning platform
Farts... burning...
I get it now: Elop is a teenager with a childish sense of humor.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by uniqueguy34 View Post
I am so sick and tired of symbian/Maemo, etc.. Nokia has been acting so desperately but unable to compete and fullfill their user's taste, unfortunately Symbian failed miserably, here in the U.S, if you say Symbian , meego or Maemo, people will laugh at you, Android is the future, plenty of APPS to download, very useful things, nice GPS. what do we get as Maemo users, nothing, i have been with Nokia since 2005, i've always loved their N-series, now I am about to say goodbye and move to either iOP or Android..
Let me get this straight, you:
Yup that actually makes lots of sense, you won't be missed. Its like as if you have been holding your own fart since the beginning and decided to let it all out in one post.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by uniqueguy34 View Post
I am so sick and tired of symbian/Maemo, etc.. Nokia has been acting so desperately but unable to compete and fullfill their user's taste, unfortunately Symbian failed miserably, here in the U.S, if you say Symbian , meego or Maemo, people will laugh at you, Android is the future, plenty of APPS to download, very useful things, nice GPS. what do we get as Maemo users, nothing, i have been with Nokia since 2005, i've always loved their N-series, now I am about to say goodbye and move to either iOP or Android..
Relax. Nokia knows the problems with Symbian/Maemo/meeGo and will soon deliver loads of WP phones. These are super-slick ultra modern, fashionable devices that does everything you want, tons of apps are already made, and several more tons are coming. The OS is still fresh out the oven, so not all features are in place, but continuous updates will pour out like flocks of birds and make Nokia-WP the best experience ever.

Myself, I like Symbian and Harmattan (MeeGo is dead and boring as far as I'm concerned).

Anyway, in case you don't like any of this, remember:
Bada rox - always.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Maemo has lots of apps Android hasn't:
MicroB - with it you can use fully pc versions of sites
aircrack-ng
preenv
nitdroid

And still want android apps, dude?! Havntcha heard bout NITdroid, sucker?!

Closed Thread

Tags
bada rox, bell end, maemo useless, news flash:duh!