Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Something similar possible in N900?

Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
Something similar possible in N900?
There is theme support in the N900. But I am not sure if the call-ui itself can be altered, best to search the forum and if you can't find the answer post in the N900 section

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ VENEZUELA
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Why is a deb necessary??

Its so incredibly simple, just copy the file across. Its not exactly a rocket science, if you don't want to use terminal then use SSH which is even easier!

You're right, I use to install fileboxroot is copy and paste.
But the ease of an installer .deb is not of more.

Last edited by guillermorojaz; 2012-05-15 at 23:48.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by guillermorojaz View Post
You're right, I use to install fileboxroot is copy and paste.
But the ease of an installer .deb is not of more.
Easy way for you is SSH:
SSH = your PC + your phone + wifi

I can understand a deb if it was multiple files or folders and you needed to mess around with chmod and chown.

But a simple file exchange that everyone who has used a PC will have done multiple times, I see no point in a deb.

Also debs will cause delays in updates, its easier for him to just upload the changes he made instantly instead of go through the process of building a deb everytime.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

I agree. I don't see a reason for a deb and don't plan to do it.

I really don't know much about technology or terminal or SSH... Could someone post like really easy instructions how to get this? Thanks

Originally Posted by slushie View Post
I really don't know much about technology or terminal or SSH... Could someone post like really easy instructions how to get this? Thanks
Everyone has to learn at some point

Download and install WinSCP if you are using Windows

Download the file in the first post.

Open WinSCP and type your n9's WiFi IP Address.
Code:
Username - root
Password - rootme
Now work your way to the directory listed in through first post. Rename To original file to call-ui.css.bak and then copy the modified call-ui.css into the folder.

Reboot your phone.

My Contributions

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-05-17 at 12:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
You can google this, but here is how to enable SSH access to your phone:

1. enable developer mode (Settings > Security > Developer mode > toggle Developer mode on)
2. You will now have terminal app on the launcher screen. Open it.
3. type "passwd" and give a new password for the "user" account. Remember this password!
4. Now you can login to the phone from WIFI network. Find out the phone IP in your network and the username is "user". Use WinSCP to copy files to user home folder or PuTTY to access terminal.

You need root access to copy these css-files to system folders. Log in to your phone as "user" and type "devel-su" (password is "rootme").

Be careful! You are now root and can easily brick the phone. Do only things you are absolutely sure about.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crabstick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ VENEZUELA
It is best to install the file with the fileboxroot.