here you go :

https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...-new-features-

Last edited by clovis86; 2015-01-25 at 20:15. Reason: bb code forgotten

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to clovis86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Yes. That is one of many places. Hope we will get it before end of January. If not before end of February. Do we have an opt in this month or is it only for some updates?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ California
Where is January Update fellas?!?!?!?!?!?!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Zoloo View Post
Where is January Update fellas?!?!?!?!?!?!
That is a valid question Zoloo. I think it is in the black hole called Qa but I'm not sure. IT is trying to get to us but gravity of planet Jolla is simply to great at the moment.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
I repeat the same text from Jolla :
https://lists.sailfishos.org/piperma...ry/005512.html
Due to the nature of the tasks at hand, the gap between releases may vary. It does not imply that we are intentionally slowing down -- on the contrary, we are ramping up with extreme dedication in the next few months to deliver a scalable, refreshed and coherent platform, requiring time and focus to make things right. In order to better support our goals, our internal QA setup has been further enhanced to allow working on multiple releases in parallel and keep release instances longer for possible updates at a later point in time.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
they prioretized tablet over OS updates. To me that means they intentially slowing down the updates for other things like building an not really needed tablet(except for the North Americans). Now I unlike this tablet even more. Its in between us and our software updates
Not really. The work they're doing on making Sailfish resolution independent will be important for future Jolla devices and licensing to other OEMs. So far it has been targeted at just one device, and there wouldn't be much future in that now, would there? The tablet just happens to be the first device to require a resolution-independent Sailfish.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
That's how I see the tablet. As a demonstration to OEMs that Sailfish can work on multiple screen resolution devices.

BUT!... Making it screen resolution independent? Isn't it a bit too late for that? I thought it was independent to start with. At least that's how I write software. Completely screen size and resolution agnostic (same applies to other parameters, not just the screen). If it is important for applications, it must be many folds more important for the OS.

So when I hear all this talk about "working on making Sailfish scalable", my first reaction is, "BS, surely it is scalable already!" All this talk must be either a language barrier or a smoke screen for the masses to buy Jolla some time to work on what they are really doing.

Either that or they have made some really, really terrible design choices at the beginning.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
BUT!... Making it screen resolution independent? Isn't it a bit too late for that? I thought it was independent to start with.
I would imagine that was a pretty low priority requirement at launch, as they had one device with one resolution to support. Every app is full screen (until the split screen perk!). They could fix their icon sizes and layouts, which would have made development simpler and given better performance. What would have been the point of, for example, coding a wider browser toolbar with more buttons on it before now?

I think the timing is about right on their startup trajectory.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That's how I see the tablet. As a demonstration to OEMs that Sailfish can work on multiple screen resolution devices.

BUT!... Making it screen resolution independent? Isn't it a bit too late for that? I thought it was independent to start with. At least that's how I write software. Completely screen size and resolution agnostic (same applies to other parameters, not just the screen). If it is important for applications, it must be many folds more important for the OS.

So when I hear all this talk about "working on making Sailfish scalable", my first reaction is, "BS, surely it is scalable already!" All this talk must be either a language barrier or a smoke screen for the masses to buy Jolla some time to work on what they are really doing.

Either that or they have made some really, really terrible design choices at the beginning.
You may be right, however I think you may be underestimating how little forethought or preparation for the future was put in to Sailfish. I'd imagine a lot of stuff is as quick and dirty as it gets, and very device specific. When they lost their chipset partner early on (Ericsson NovaThor), there was probably very little likelihood of establishing a hardware ecosystem in a reasonable timeframe, and with it any third party devices and differing display sizes and resolutions. I don't think this is that unreasonable as they're small. However it is very worrying that they claim to be only doing this now .. that clearly demonstrates that they haven't been close to signing any partnerships with third parties, nor were they capable of doing so.

Oh, and there's no evidence of any (enabled) UI scaling ... don't think the Nexus 5 porters have been able to do anything, despite having a 5" 1920x1080 screen to play with.

Besides, only after the Qt update debacle did they decide to institute the ability to properly branch and roll forward / back the Sailfish development tree. Something you would have imagined that a company working on an OS would do from its founding days ... far more so than UI scaling and resolution / screen size independence. Lack of preparation in general seems to be a theme. It was a bit disconcerting to hear that the hardware adaption team were 'surprised' to recently learn that Intel use UEFI for their mobile products.

Last edited by bluefoot; 2015-01-27 at 21:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Oh, and there's no evidence of any (enabled) UI scaling ... don't think the Nexus 5 porters have been able to do anything, despite having a 5" 1920x1080 screen to play with.
N7 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHuX6u9mYd8
N5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zh3VBQqy94

Scales nicely out of the box, however performance, pixelation, standards for developers so they can port their existing or future icons to svg or other scalable format, checks in store and probably lots else could have been skipped to ship device on time in 2013 and not in Feb 2014 or later

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rocks, not again!, tags suck!, yes again!