Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
Is there a chance to get the Jolla Phone in Brazil?

I would like to know if it's possible to get the Jolla Phone here in Brazil, since the other phone options do not satisfy my geek needs. The Nokia N900 was a good cell phone but now i need a better phone with better specs and with a newer operating system.

It's possible to buy a Jolla Phone and ship it to Brazil? Or i will need to go to Finland to get it in hands?

The Following User Says Thank You to guisoliver For This Useful Post:
You'll have to go to Finland, or ask someone in the countries where Jolla sells to send the phone to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
I'm also in Brazil. You have some options, AFAIK :
a) buy from Amazon.UK :
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93192&page=2
as sometimes they are accepting international orders. You need to try the link every week to see if/when the Jolla in Amazon shopping basket can be sent to Brazil;
b) have somebody in Europe to help you. You buy the Jolla smartphone from Jolla store, then place the address of this person, who will then send it to Brazil;
c) somebody in Brazil selling the Jolla smartphone. I haven't found in MercadoLivre, etc.

My 1st Jolla was bought via option (a), my 2nd Jolla with option (b), both worked. About option (c), I'm not selling any of (my precioussssss) Jolla's.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2014-12-26 at 16:43.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
try mailbox.de - mail forwarding service. you will get a German address to receive your stuff to.
I'm sure there are others too, search for package forwarding services in EU.

The Following User Says Thank You to japa-fi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Since the import tax is insane in brazil (same as arg? ) I think the esiest way is to fly to india and buy one very cheap

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Since the import tax is insane in brazil (same as arg? ) I think the esiest way is to fly to india and buy one very cheap
Worse... 60-100% of taxes.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:

Tags
brazil, jolla phone