Notices

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
I also have no idea what is wrong with a few people who can't get the damn thing to output maximum power

Mine is perfectly working with the FMTXD file I have been testing it continously with my PR1.3 OTA, and PR1.3 leaked and seems to be no compatiblity issues. So I guess people who had the problems are one of the beginner group

Do you think so? I don't even need to echo anything out, it just worked and my little Python script works flawlessly
OK, that's how mine is working. I had to uninstall FM-Faker and reinstall and that was it.

If FM-Faker was in place when the new FMTXd was rolled in, I see that as a problem. I don't have any files locked as far as I know though.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by brad112358 View Post
Mohammad,
OK. It does behave as if it is locked which is why I asked. But if a non-zero write to the power control "file" locks it, how is fmtxd reducing the power level when USB is connected? Does fmtxd open the file just once and keep seeking/rewriting the power? I guess I should strace fmtxd or look in the new kernel source and find out for myself but I figured you might already know and I'm very lazy. :-)

Feel free to point me to another thread if this has been discussed elsewhere.

--Brad
yes, it is locked once '1' is written in lock file. the value in power_level is used further as reference max tx level. fmtxd lowers and increases tx level using ioctl calls.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Yes Thanks. I took a look at the new kernel driver source and saw the same thing. Next time I build my kernel I'll have to "fix" this. :-) I had been in the habit of adjusting the power as need with an echo command tied to a desktop widget. I have switched to using the hacked fmtxd as described in this thread and it is working well again. Thanks to all.

--Brad

The Following User Says Thank You to brad112358 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
i downloaded the fmtxd file after the PR 1.3 update from http://jacekowski.org/Maemo/FMTXD and used this script:

sudo gainroot
cd /home/user/MyDocs/
mv fmtxd /usr/sbin/
cd /usr/sbin/
chmod +x fmtxd
fmtxd -d

However, none of the Odd-numbered frequencies (ending in 1,3,5,7,9) work (it says that "Unable to use FM transmitter"). Only the Even-numbered frequencies work when applied

I'm not sure if this is something related to PR 1.3 (if a new fmtxd file is needed) or if there is something I am missing?

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Originally Posted by excelar8 View Post
i downloaded the fmtxd file after the PR 1.3 update from http://jacekowski.org/Maemo/FMTXD and used this script:

sudo gainroot
cd /home/user/MyDocs/
mv fmtxd /usr/sbin/
cd /usr/sbin/
chmod +x fmtxd
fmtxd -d

However, none of the Odd-numbered frequencies (ending in 1,3,5,7,9) work (it says that "Unable to use FM transmitter"). Only the Even-numbered frequencies work when applied

I'm not sure if this is something related to PR 1.3 (if a new fmtxd file is needed) or if there is something I am missing?

You need to install FMTX-Faker.

The Following User Says Thank You to joshv06 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 195 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vancouver, Canada
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
You need to install FMTX-Faker.
I previously had it installed (before fmtxd was moved into /usr/sbin/ ) so maybe it needed to be installed after being replaced?

nevertheless, i uninstalled FMTX-faker just in an effort to re-install it, however, i can't find it in application manager anymore.. is there any reason that it's not appearing in application manager? is there a deb file or something (or what can i type in x-terminal) to install FMTX-faker?

In a confusion now...

Had to clean install PR1.3 and after that custom fmtxd was gone obviously.
So i did rm /usr/bin/fmtxd
Downloaded custom ftmxd and moved it to /usr/bin
chmod +x fmtxd
fmtx -d
After that i couldnt use transmitter, so i i installed fm-faker from extras-devel..

No it switches on, but i can tell that its underpowered...

Stock kernel, only 1 app from extras-devel, should i got powerkernel ?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
It goes in "/usr/sbin" not "/usr/bin".

So as root, do:

mv /usr/bin/fmtxd /usr/sbin/fmtxd to move the fmtxd you stuck in bin into sbin. Don't have to rm the original fmtxd. mv or cp will automatically override whatever same-named file is already there.

Then repeat the other steps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
New updated FMTXD for 1.3 is here http://jacekowski.org/Maemo/FMTXD1.3

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jacekowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Originally Posted by jacekowski View Post
New updated FMTXD for 1.3 is here http://jacekowski.org/Maemo/FMTXD1.3
Thanks, where do we put the .ko file?

Thanks a lot!

Tags
fm transmitter, freedom fm