Notices

ok i need some help. i have this master gear emulator, i belive it plays master system and game gear roms, when i try game gear roms nothing happens and when i try master system roms i get a debugger screen.

Originally Posted by arono View Post
Just want to say that if you need diagonal keys in drnoksnes you could press for example both up and left to get the diagonal up-left. Useful for slow-paced games mostly I guess.
Tell that the people without dedicated up/down key's here in europe

I hope every Emu allows remapping to wasd or something else.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
i hope this too @ youNit

i was happy to see all these Emus running at the n900 but with the "german" keyboard layout its terrible to play the games i guess.

i hope there will be soon a little patch just to change the keyboard layout so the arrow keys working properly without to change the whole keyboard layout..

i guess this sould be easy for a maemo programmer to build a new german layout where the arrow keys working the right way..

hopefully crown77

My only issue with emulators is that they seem to drain the battery very fast!

1hr of VGBA brings my battery usually to 50%!

I am wondering does anyone else notice similar battery drainage?

It really gets frustrating because my baby n900 usually lasts a full day with medium to heavy usage but as soon as i turn on my emu's it just drains very fast!

mr2600

Originally Posted by mr2600 View Post

It really gets frustrating because my baby n900 usually lasts a full day with medium to heavy usage but as soon as i turn on my emu's it just drains very fast!

mr2600
Hmm...that's not good, maybe they haven't been optimized well enough. What version of vgba do you have?

I can't find the Wii control drivers for the N900 in the repository.
Any suggestions?

Eikido

For drnoksnes I could easily change keys. For gba I didn't find a way

drnoksnes is really good, saves states automatically for each game. Really addictive playing civilization

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by crown77 View Post
i hope this too @ youNit

i was happy to see all these Emus running at the n900 but with the "german" keyboard layout its terrible to play the games i guess.

i hope there will be soon a little patch just to change the keyboard layout so the arrow keys working properly without to change the whole keyboard layout..

i guess this sould be easy for a maemo programmer to build a new german layout where the arrow keys working the right way..

hopefully crown77
Depending on the upstream source, it may not be possible to make all the different localized "up" and "down" keys act as they should without rewriting a lot of code. Fortunately, most emulators let you redefine all the controls. This is a Nokia design problem; we can hope they have enough sense to put four rows on the next thumbboard device so that everyone can have up and down arrows.

Originally Posted by mr2600 View Post

mr2600
The problem is that the processor is running "full time" (as with any game) and furthermore has to emulate some other general computational system (one that can run any of a number of different games). This makes it more demanding computationally and harder to optimize. That does sound like a pretty poorly-optimized GBA emulator, though. I don't know anything about the program, but look for an option to cap the framerate.

MAME News

The most recent upstream release of SDLMAME is on the autobuilder. It may or may not build properly (worked in the armel target of the SDK) and should be considered alpha quality if it does. It is optified, which is good considering the lone binary is 35 MB. :O This is just an initial test build which might be used for profiling (i suspect i need to change some build flags for that though.)

This seems to be as good a place as any to mention this developer release. Those who are familiar with the risks of extras-devel (which are legion) are welcome to see if it even runs on the N900 and try some performance testing to see where it needs the most work. Performance in the SDK for the x86 build was...glacial. ROMs go in /opt/sdlmame/roms. Any (development-related) comments could be made in the discussion of the port i started on the sdlmame forum: http://www.bannister.org/forums/ubbt...t&Number=57157

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2009-12-17 at 02:16.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Nm, got it but how do I install it now via the download I just did?

-Socrates 469 BC

Last edited by spinnukur; 2009-12-17 at 03:57.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Installs fine, but when you run the app it opens for an instant and then closes.

Will be cool when it is working