Must be very close, the driver seems to load correctly (slightly modified kernel) ...
Any clue what is missing?

Last edited by jcl; 2008-12-30 at 18:31.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Alsa support? The driver is DSP only (of course I can speak only for 770 and N800).

Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
Thanks a lot Maxkilla! I'm going to try to see what I can get working; I'll report back if I have any success
No success.
  1. Maps loads, but doesn't download any map data.
  2. Calendar loads, but just says "Waiting to Sync" (or something like that), and doesn't do anything.
  3. Gmail crashes immediately after loading.
  4. Same for GTalk and YouTube.

Other problems I've noticed with Android:
  1. The touchscreen is way too sensative. Trying to scroll through a list of things is really tough because i always end up selecting something.
  2. The touchscreen also seems to be miscalibrated . A tap of the screen frequently registers to the right or left of where i actually tapped it.
  3. The On-Screen Keyboard is flaky. It doesn't register taps real well and it is impossible to edit text you already entered into, let's say, the browser. Also when trying to scroll through a list, using the Up/Down buttons, it will say the keyboard crashed sometimes. Even though the Keyboard isn't open...
  4. In addition, it would be great if the settings in Dev Tools->Development were persistent through shut downs. Because my N800 is far too unstable if I don't limit the amount of processes allowed to run.

Thanks for all the work going into this.

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

Hi, I would like to put android on my N810. The problem is my internal memory card is corrupted. Is there a way I could put in a mini sd card and run android off of that?

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Alsa support? The driver is DSP only (of course I can speak only for 770 and N800).
Maemo stock runs alsa. This is from mine:

Code:
Nokia-N810-WiMAX-43-7:~# cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [EAC            ]: EAC - OMAP24xx EAC
                      OMAP24xx EAC with codec TLV320AIC33
AFAIK, the driver is fairly open sourced, and a google search points me to the omap-linux mailing list.

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
@sarathmenon: That alsa layer sits on top of the dsp though. To use alsa on the Nx80 one needs not only the dsp tasks, but also plenty of alsa libraries.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Guatemala
Hi!

New update, hopefully it'll rock!

(Yea theres tons of bugs)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to solca For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Johnx View Post
@sarathmenon: That alsa layer sits on top of the dsp though. To use alsa on the Nx80 one needs not only the dsp tasks, but also plenty of alsa libraries.
Thanks for clarifying. I haven't looked into it in more detail; I was just poking under /proc out of curiosity. Sucks that we have mostly open hardware, but no good enough free drivers.

When enabling wireless, and going into WIFI settings, I get a device freeze followed by a shutdown. I grabbed the logcat:

With supplicant

Code:
E/bluetooth_common.cpp(  741): dbus_func_args_timeout_valist: D-Bus error in ListBondings: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown (The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files)
D/SettingsWifiEnabler( 1112): Received wifi state changed from Enabling to Enabled
I/ActivityManager(  741): Displayed activity com.android.settings/.WirelessSettings: 623 ms
I/ActivityManager(  741): Starting activity: Intent { action=android.intent.action.MAIN comp={com.android.settings/com.android.settings.wifi.WifiSettings} }
I//system/bin/wpa_supplicant(  795): CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=2
V/WifiMonitor(  741): Event [CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=2]
V/WifiStateTracker(  741): Changing supplicant state: INACTIVE ==> SCANNING
D/SettingsWifiEnabler( 1112): Received wifi state changed from Enabling to Enabled
Without supplicant

Code:
I//system/bin/wpa_supplicant( 1205): CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-RESULTS  Ready
I//system/bin/wpa_supplicant( 1205): CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=1
D/SettingsWifiEnabler( 1170): Received wifi state changed from Enabling to Enabled
V/WifiStateTracker(  780): Connection to supplicant established, state=INACTIVE
I/ActivityManager(  780): Starting activity: Intent { action=android.intent.action.MAIN comp={com.android.settings/com.android.settings.WirelessSettings} }
D/SettingsWifiEnabler( 1170): Received wifi state changed from Enabling to Enabled
I/ActivityManager(  780): Displayed activity com.android.settings/.WirelessSettings: 540 ms
I/ActivityManager(  780): Starting activity: Intent { action=android.intent.action.MAIN comp={com.android.settings/com.android.settings.wifi.WifiSettings} }
I//system/bin/wpa_supplicant( 1205): CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=2
V/WifiMonitor(  780): Event [CTRL-EVENT-STATE-CHANGE id=-1 state=2]
V/WifiStateTracker(  780): Changing supplicant state: INACTIVE ==> SCANNING

Originally Posted by solca View Post
Hi!

New update, hopefully it'll rock!

(Yea theres tons of bugs)
It's very likely just something stupid I did, but I couldn't get the new release to run out of the box. The rootfs was missing a lot of seemingly important stuff, like /init, /sbin/adbd, and some other misc files (which seem like they might be obsolete).

After copying them from the previous rootfs, it started up. It looks like stlc45xx.ko isn't working for me either. If nobody else is having these problems, maybe I'll try all of the steps again from scratch. As a note, I'm using an n810.

Either way, it feels like huge improvements have been made in the new version. The background is a great touch, and things seem a bit smoother.

Thanks a ton for working on this!

- Andrew

Tags
android, nitdroid