While we are about the N9 specs i'll post the old spec list "leaked" much before we got these pics or the video advert of N9.

- Penta-band
- 12MP/Dual LED
- 64GB
- Capacitive touch
- Qwerty
- RM-690 (I'm not 100% sure, but fairly certain it's 690)
- quad-band/penta-band (so it will support every 3G band under the sun like the N8)
- 720p HD recording
- Anyway... first prototypes of MeeGo device is out, but unstable. The CPU is ARM Cortex A8, but targeted at 1Ghz. The prototypes are currently running at 800Mhz. I'm hoping to get to check it out next month.
- 4" 16:9 capacitive multi-touch screen
- about 0.5-1.0 centimeters thinner than N900 (I forgot if he said 0.5 or 1.0, LOL)
- 13x0 mAh battery (I forget to check, but I suspect the display to be OLED and I was told battery life is expected to be better than N900)
- Slightly off-note, I saw an interesting blurb about 64GB Samsung flash and 64GB Toshiba flash. Apparently, one was faster than the other, but was more expensive (I'll let you guys guess ). Also saw an interesting blurb on one of the MeeGo devices passing 100,000 chassis flexes and almost surviving a drop. And yet another one about a phone passing a heat test, but the screws turning brown afterwards
- Now, shockingly (or not shockingly) there will be another MeeGo device, known as "Lankku." I was not able to see specs, much less get much info on it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
tissot can you post link to them specs please i believe they are the real ones i think,

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-08-23 at 18:31.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
I'm we, and if you need to ask why I suggest you read-up on your ARM technology.

But don't fret, your single-core is safe for the n9.
Strange, you don't look like a "We", and I know ARM quite well and still don't know why would "We" need a dual-core cpu... I think "We" can do just fine with a 1Ghz (preferably a bit above) cpu...

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
tissot can you post link to them specs please i believe they are the real ones
Unfortunately the original posts in howardforums have been removed after the spec list got even quoted in Engadget and the guy who leaked them wanted to keep them in a smaller circle.
There's still parts found in http://forum2.mobile-review.com/index.php and i quoted all of them plus some i did read from howardforums.

Last edited by tissot; 2010-08-23 at 18:36.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Quilcom CPU? :-S sound wierd I mean isnt Nokia using ARm from Texas instrument in many of theyr mobilephones? Sound wierd if they change cause they probadly has big contracts with Texas instrument?

To mee its a seems downgrade if they choice Qualcomm :-(

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
Strange, you don't look like a "We", and I know ARM quite well and still don't know why would "We" need a dual-core cpu... I think "We" can do just fine with a 1Ghz (preferably a bit above) cpu...
yeah i agree 1ghz would be enough for sluggish performance.

Originally Posted by alienhead View Post
yeah i agree 1ghz would be enough for sluggish performance.
If Maemo/MeeGo is sluggish on a 1 GHz Cortex A8, then it is a terribly bloated OS that should be killed immediately and replaced with an OS that is actually intended for mobile use.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheTree For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by TheTree View Post
If Maemo/MeeGo is sluggish on a 1 GHz Cortex A8, then it is a terribly bloated OS that should be killed immediately and replaced with an OS that is actually intended for mobile use.
Winmobile 7 :-D

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
- 13x0 mAh battery (I forget to check, but I suspect the display to be OLED and I was told battery life is expected to be better than N900)
In the real world, battery drain is mainly caused by a constant on 3G data connection to IM or feeds. I don't see how thats going to change no matter what OS/screen its running. Nokia should have included at least 1500 mAh to help this issue... especially since they took the time to develop a brand new battery

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
1ghz processor? then overclock to 2ghz? I dont wanna hold my breath

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;