Notices

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Hey nice. The maemo5 scrolly window for sources works nicely.

Featrequest: Easy way to delete worldTV unwanted entries. Or better yet, allow user to select a positive-list and remove the rest. Ninety+ percent of those entries are uninteresting to users (for language reasons alone), so deleting individual channels would take a long long time.

Oddness: Clicking on worldtv list then Germany, then NDR Fernsehn, pauses for a whiile, then moves to next entry in list 'worm TV'. This isn't entirely bad since the DJ is spinning some wicked 303 acid ATM, but it's not everyone's thing...

I just installed WorldTv99 and I also noticed the same "odness" that ArnimS mentioned. Also, when ever i double click on the screen to go full screen...all i get is a black screen. Is that normal ?

I can play my .mkv files now with this version off kmplayer^^

Originally Posted by soleil View Post
I can play my .mkv files now with this version off kmplayer^^
hd resolution ?

Not , 704* 416 resolution

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
I had some luck with larger videos by using mplayer from command-line. The XV driver doesn't seem able to rescale so I used the x11:
Code:
mplayer -vo x11 myvideo.avi -framedrop
You may also use:
Code:
mplayer -vf scale=800:480 myvideo.avi -framedrop
(adjust resolution as needed) but it seems to be slower.

Okay, 0.10.2-3 made it to extras. Many thanks for the votes! Also thanks for the other feedback on this forum.

I just promoted 0.10.2-5 to extras-testing. It contains a few fixes only.
The gstreamer player didn't pause when notified that the input buffers is running low. This caused an end-of-stream received prematurely. Now it pauses and you see the 'Buffering' message, like the with mplayer player.
Other things that didn't work and are fixed now are:
- Pausing only worked when a single movie/audio file was opened.
- Backward seeking in a mp3 file ended playing.
- A folder from e.g. the worldtv99 list, couldn't be copied (for pasting in the favorites list).
- Clicking on any of the links of the SMIL fiets start page, crashed the application.

Thumbs up welcome, of course!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post
I just installed WorldTv99 and I also noticed the same "odness" that ArnimS mentioned. Also, when ever i double click on the screen to go full screen...all i get is a black screen. Is that normal ?
No. It takes sometime for the streaming in full screen, say a couple of seconds. Sometimes could be due to wifi bandwidth. I believe NOT all channels are like that, i hope not.

bun

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
can mplayer and kmplayer play flash vids. trying to copy the url to the kmplayer but it seems that have a problem with streaming.

anyone using mplayer and streaming vids??

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
can mplayer and kmplayer play flash vids. trying to copy the url to the kmplayer but it seems that have a problem with streaming.

anyone using mplayer and streaming vids??
kmplayer default player should play flv files when you install decoder support. Using the mplayer player, flv should work. Playing swf files should work too, as kmplayer auto switches to the flashplayer player.
Maybe you could post the url you're trying?

Tags
kmplayer, worldtv99