Active Topics

Originally Posted by fraaaaanka View Post
it doesnt look too safe to me .... it appears to be a plastic mould that the n900 will sit quite flushly in but i cant see any pressure areas that will hold the n900 into place when braking/accelerating/going round corners/over speed bumps etc etc ....
...... i have a universal adjustable holder which is perfect for my n900 .... holds it in place perfectly and securely ... i can type while its in the holder without it moving at all see this thread for my pics http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=41879&page=2

oh and it cost me £5 from a side street mobile phone shop!
I have this too. Still trying to figure out a nice way to route the charger and audio cables if I mount to the door side of my steering wheel. I'm not exactly happy with the view obstruction when it is dead center of the windshield.
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

In case anyone's been thinking of doing the same, the Brodit mount can be filed down to allow room for an Invisible Shield (the full body one). I'd not recommend it though. The plastic is extremely tough and it took forever even using a Dremel tool, and it was impossible to get smooth... but it works.

I picked up this cheap one too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tiny-Car-Holder-...#ht_4054wt_949

The grip works great but there are a few problems. It's portrait mode only (doesn't rotate), and the vent clip is a little too wide to fit between my car's vent louvres. Also it can push the power button inadvertently. Still it's much less intrusive than the Brodit, and with Sygic supposedly working in portrait mode, it could be a workable option w/Invisible Shield.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ West Yorks
Just got my brodit active swivel mount thingy. 4 minutes to fit. Seems to do the job well, even bouncing over the pothole ridden roads around Ilkley Moor.

Now if I can only get my finger to stop bouncing up and down while I try to press the screen, perhaps some kind of arm securing device located on the holder.

I also have a novere case, which whilst making the device a little bit bulkier is actually really nice.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Barcelona, Spain
I got me the 'AIO PREMIUM CAR HOLDER & CHARGER FOR NOKIA N900 UK' and its pretty good. Ordered it from ebay and arrived in a week in Spain. The quality is good and the phone fits well. Maybe the charger cable is a bit short but that was ok for me. The headphone socket is free as you can see in the pics.

I forgot to make a pic for portrait mode but that works great too. Let me know if more pics are needed.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kwek For This Useful Post:
i got my aio premium car holder for a week now, and it is doing its job very well! for that price i am very pleased!
highly recommend!

Kristijan

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by kwek View Post
I got me the 'AIO PREMIUM CAR HOLDER & CHARGER FOR NOKIA N900 UK' and its pretty good. Ordered it from ebay and arrived in a week in Spain. The quality is good and the phone fits well. Maybe the charger cable is a bit short but that was ok for me. The headphone socket is free as you can see in the pics.

I forgot to make a pic for portrait mode but that works great too. Let me know if more pics are needed.

Can you share the link to this holder please ?
Thanks

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Barcelona, Spain
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Can you share the link to this holder please ?
Thanks
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIO-PREMIUM-CA...-/170451760017

The Following User Says Thank You to kwek For This Useful Post:
My Brodit active mount arrived yesterday - very well made. Shame it covers the power and camera buttons (but that can be fixed.... :O)

Also it needs a slight riggle to get the usb plug in - but I'm sure all N900s have a slight tolerance to how high those (dodgy) sockets from the mobo and frame.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
just ordered this and will see how it does.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIO-PREMIUM-CA...item27afb77391
Guys, I got this on the back of two other users to this forum but my advice is do not get this holder.

It certainly holds the N900 snug and well and secures to the windscreen well enough but there is a slight design flaw with this holder and it should not be marketed as suitable for the N900.

When you secure the N900 into the casing it is so snug that there is no clearance for the buttons on the top of the N900. When I place mine in it just continually holds down the volume keys on the top. Also, sometimes it is so snug and can easily hit the power button.

I have to half slide the N900 out of this to ensure the buttons are not being depressed.

For those who have purchased this I would really like to know if it does the same on your N900. I have been even trying to glue a small piece onto the holder underside to prevent the buttons being keyed.

Thoughts please....
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by phedders View Post
Shame it covers the power and camera buttons (but that can be fixed.... :O)
Is there a way to fix it that does not involve taking a dremel to either my $100 mount or $600 phone?

Tags
n900 carkit mount