Right, 2 more low priority questions, if anybody really can be bothered and knows how to confirm them:
1. Can the Jolla send SMS's even if there is no cellular network? And what I mean exactly is: will it put it in a queue and send it at the first opportunity when there is cellular network, like pretty much every single Nokia does and pretty much every other device does not, except perhaps blackberry or newer devices I don't know?
2. This is a trickier one: can the browser open pages over SSL with ident authentication? (N9 couldn't in its first version, and could in its second; iOS/Android failed miserably when I last tested).

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Does the built in browser allow "open in new window" instead new tab?

That is necessary because on a wel designed touch interface the multitasking interface IS the tab system.
On Harmattan, yes. On Sailfish, no. As you can see on SailfishOS only 9 open apps at once.

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Morpog
On Harmattan, yes. On Sailfish, no. As you can see on SailfishOS only 9 open apps at once.
Will apps be closed automatically if you open more than 9?

As long as the browser has tabs I don't mind having an open app limit btw.

Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Will apps be closed automatically if you open more than 9?
According to the guide, no. They'll remain open, you just won't see them. You'll have to go to the launcher or launch them from some event to bring them back.

WRT the browser, I'd like to see a mixed approach - ability to create multiple browsers in the multitasking view or at least ability to enter the browser application and see multitasking tabs. Multitasking page load is essential as well, which doesn't happen at the moment. That's my opinion, anyway.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
I have to point this out... there are a few "sample" videos taken with the Jolla (and other devices) uploaded to youtube... take this into consideration when watching.
I'm not sure why people don't upload videos to sites with better quality (e.g., vimeo) or just leave them in a server somewhere so that you can download what was actually recorded.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Browser is quite horrible in its current state. Installing Firefox or random Android browser is one the first things I would recommend to a new user.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
The concept of only 9 visible applications and no multitasking browser page load is not what I have dreamt of when investing in Jolla.
It resembles a nightmare reality that is called Android.

Please if anybody from Jolla is reading: forget party mode, I need an out of the box power user mode that allows assigning Jolla's resources using a human brain.

Where else did you design that beautiful interface for?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
This should already work. If you open the notifications & events view (swipe from the bottom of your phone), open "Show presence details" from the pulley menu. You should have a facebook account listed there. Once it's online, it should start to work, hopefully!
So I thought it should be. Although I did set up the account for facebook right away it did not show up there. I had to separately log in and boot up the phone to get that option to show. Now it works like a charm. Though still couldn't see anywhere a list of people who are online.

I also set some ambiances for myself, but now they have all disappeared

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
A question about the browser:

With such a beautiful multitasking interface seems only natural that we can make advantage of the swipe multitasking interface to efficiently switch between web pages. (like on the N900)

Does the built in browser allow "open in new window" instead new tab?

That is necessary because on a wel designed touch interface the multitasking interface IS the tab system.

I need multiple pages of daily bookmarks loading in the background (we have 1GB or ram and a dual core)

Of course the option to open tabs may still co-exist.
It's funny to remember that in the N9 days people were asking for tabs in the browser instead of managing through multitasking home screen. Now it's like that, and some other people is asking to go back to the N9 behaviour.

The option to have both would be ideal, probably.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
It's funny to remember that in the N9 days people were asking for tabs in the browser
I wasn't one of them. But I can understand. Both is best :-) N9's browser multitasking kicks a**e

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience