Originally Posted by fnordianslip View Post
Erm. So, the N900 supports USB host mode now, does it?
No, um.... read the thread again and think about why N900 isn't a great pocket warrior's tool.

well, sorry for my limited knowledge, but what would be possible to do with this program ?

I'm confused, the webpage says that they will sell hardware that's going to be similar to the n900, so the question is: is NeoPwn a software that's going to be compatible with my current n900 (will it support the default wifi module), or do I have to buy the other piece of hardware?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm confused. neopwn put this thread under Alternatives and refers to an "OS" being installed. The screen shots look like Maemo 5, however.

Is this truly an Alternative OS, or should I move this thread to "Applications"?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Seattle - neopwn.com
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I'm confused. neopwn put this thread under Alternatives and refers to an "OS" being installed. The screen shots look like Maemo 5, however.

Is this truly an Alternative OS, or should I move this thread to "Applications"?
BackTrack Moble will be based on Debian (an OS); there will be a few installation options for it.

When the release is ready, we will will provide the supported installation options.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to neopwn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by neopwn View Post
BackTrack Moble will be based on Debian (an OS); there will be a few installation options for it.

When the release is ready, we will will provide the supported installation options.
Groovy!

I'm bringin' Groovy back!

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
Sounds sweet..
Do i read this right ?
NeoPwn can be installed as a second os ? Would be nice.

I get a 404 when i go to http://mobile.backtrack-linux.org

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
So my Alfa USB could be used with NeoPwn ?

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Can you still make/receive phonecalls with this OS?
Will "NetStumbler" be included?

I'm guessing it won't dual-boot the N900, but rather run as an application with the Maemo 5 environment. And that is the best idea, I think, because you'd retain your phone functionality while using it... so you never miss a call! =)

P.S. - The title of this thread should be "BackTrack for N900"