Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Wow; I can really watch youtube videos in IceWeasel now! Thanks for that cool hack!

This is the watershed moment; I'm going to have to figure out how to get your repository into the chroot project so we can all install your flash player from Synaptic.

EDIT: A screenshot of me watching a YouTube video (debernardis' demo of OpenOffice on the tablet) in IceWeasel. Normally I would watch it fullscreen, but then you can't see that it's running in Diablo...

Last edited by qole; 2008-08-06 at 18:57. Reason: added screenshot

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
EDIT: qole beet me to answering your question but:

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
BTW: Your sig says you've 'installed' adobe flash player.. well so have I .. but does it actually run for you?? Anytime I try to view ANY page with flash in it - My entire tablet crawls to a screeching halt for hours.. It's impossible.. I literally have to remove the battery to reboot and make a mental note to never hit that site again.

Happens to me all the time if I forget to add /forums/ to the itT website and hit the main page.. if it loads a flash advertisement.. I'm screwed.
Well, I haven't tested it yet because my first install broke before i could test it...
However, i am going to test it in epnanthy and iceweasel..

Btw, Thanks for the info for swap, allmost all of my applications work including iceweasel... Also, gnome is pritty responsive and i can have 3 or 4 apps, if not more, open at a time
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Last edited by b-man; 2008-08-06 at 18:42.

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I decked-out my debian install

I've ben able to get 9+ applications running at once and so far, no lock-ups) thanks to my swap partition in my internal memory card :
Attached Images

My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

The Following User Says Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
well i got flash working with skeeps binaries... i had to:

Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/browser/plugins/* /usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins/
I also had to install libosso1 but that is likely due to my incomplete install.

My desktop:
Attached Images

pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2008-08-07 at 00:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Wow, thats a verry cool theme could you provide me some info on how you got that?, Thats really cool!

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/sh...?content=84344

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/sh...?content=67836

it gets rough on the eyes after a while

Guys I want to add Debian 4. This thread is way over my level of experience in Debian(on week), but that has never stopped me from going for it. I have Easy Debian already. I also did Penguinbait's Dual boot with swap partition about a month ago and I have not had any apps freeze, stall, crash, burn or ruin my hair since. What is the difference with your swap partition?? I hope the full Debian and KDE in the future can be setup to sit and run the way Easy Debian does in Hildon. Is there a way to add Debian 4 to my partition setup or do I have to start from scratch??? If I do I will need to figure out how to save all my apps, files, preferences, etc... in Emelfm2. Any guidance or encouragement would be appreciated. TIA

I created my swap partition on the first partition on my internal memory card, so i have a 200+ swap size. the "boot from sd deb" creates a 128md swap partition. Also, you may need to re-format your memory card using "mkfs.ext2 /dev/your partition" or "mkfs.ext3 /dev/your partition" and re-install debian using Stskeeps Deblet-installer because your current install, easy debian, is not sutable for a bootable environment because it is missing a lot of components nessasary for a bootable os. Also, you will not be able to save your applications if you do this, unless you install dpkg-repack of corce , But if you chose to run gnome, I'm shure that most of your apps will be replaced because gnome installs a **** load of applications .

The Following User Says Thank You to b-man For This Useful Post:
Your best bet is to start over.. you could theoretically resize your existing partitions; make a new partition for debian 4; and install it there.. which you would then have the Chroot debian in an .img file on one partition.. and the full debian 4 on a separate partition that you would need to boot into...

This is a little complicated though; requires a lot of space; and just wouldn't be worth it.

I'd recommend saving your apps/settings on the debian side only... blowing away that partition/card.. and start the install of Debian 4 at STSKeeps website. Once that is completed and you are booting into Debian.. get with me and I'll help you get the chroot setup (quite easy with the latest scripts Qole/Benson put together).

Here is my current setup.
MMC1 has Easy Debian. I did this so I could easily back it up to my computer in case of corruption of Easy Debian(which happens regularly when installing unknown apps from Synaptic manager). MMC2 has dual boot with a large swap partition and KDE v4. it also holds all my Hildon apps. Now fatalsaint you are saying leave MMC2 alone and go and repartition MMC1 with full Debian gnome. Would I be able to keep and move Easy Debian to MMC2 and put Gnome Debian in MMC1? The reason I would like to keep Easy Debian is because it is such a beautifully simple setup which allows me to switch between my Hildon and Debain at same time and I can then boot into KDE from Extra menu.
My dream is to have full Gnome Debian, full KDE(without booting into it) and Hildon all working through Extra menu and that I could easily switch between all three environments like I do now with Easy Debian and Hildon. TIA

Tags
debian, deblet, gnome