Posts: 10 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
that's exactly, why i love a replacable battery. just buy a second one and plug it in, when the first one runs out of power... great!
Me too. It's great that a new innovation like that has been introduced with the Jolla phone

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Iipe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Iipe View Post
Me too. It's great that a new innovation like that has been introduced with the Jolla phone
Where/when can I buy my second battery

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Iipe View Post
We invent all the cool things.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Because I am a head of the time. Bought note 1 at release day and told you that n9 has to small screen. Evryboday: no I can't handle bigger with one hand. Bought note 3 at release date and told you that jPhone has too small screen. Everybody: no I can't handle bigger...

In one year you have all changed your minds again when jolla release their new epic device
Yeah, I was one of the persons that argued that you can't handle big screens with one hand. And I still do. There is a tiny detail that you forget to mention, however, and it is that when you were happy to have a 10" phone, it was only iOS and Android out there, which are unmanageable [with one hand]. Meego had just started with the N9[50], and yet it wasn't/isn't the best UX for big screens (still plenty of buttons everywhere).
Sailfish changes the game slightly, and I say slightly because we haven't got many applications yet, and Android ones need those ugly buttons.

You claim that you can balance a massive phablet on your pinky finger, I still claim: try to do it in a busy city centre and it will drop/get stolen/whatever.

So, no massive screens for me please, get a tablet instead!

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Interesting device, and level of Android support is unbelievably good.
However some parts of system are more on late alpha level than early beta yet. I'm thus forced for now do enterprise things like Lync, Exchange and sip with Android apps.
Totally refuses to connect to TKIP-based WiFi network.
Adding Exchange account results in shaky e-mail sync, random (and multiple-duplicated events while many missing) calendar sync and totally missing contacts sync, probably due to incapability to enforce the phone lock policy requested from Exchange server.
Let's see what the next firmware update bring/fix.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to haliava For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
that's exactly, why i love a replacable battery. just buy a second one and plug it in, when the first one runs out of power... great!
Would be nice to make a teeny tiny battery (not bigger than a post stamp) to keep it plugged to the TOH battery contacts so that there is no need to power off the phone while swapping main battery.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by kollin View Post
Ok now i want "the otherhalf" battery- i want to charge my phone no more than once a week with heavy usage!
This is the main thing that i dislike on the modern smartphones- you have to charge them almost constantly and when you need them most they die qnd you need to charge tbem again!

Marketing department: NO, you want a thinner phone, with nice square industrial design.

Yes, a combo Mugen power battery + HW keyboard second half would be a nice start.

Q about telephone application: Suppose you notice have a missed call.

Is the originating telephone number displayed under the name of the caller if the caller is a known contact in your address book?

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
GPS on and looking for satellites all the time?
Could you close all programs, disable scheduled email and social updates and see if the GPS stops?

I would like to know if it is an application or the core OS that is spying on your location.

thanks

Originally Posted by att View Post
Nope, mine didn't shut down.

BTW I removed the white TOH and put the special TOH on before I booted the phone the very first time. The phone didn't offer me to install the special TOH stuff like ambiance from the store until I removed the TOH and inserted it again when the phone was running.
FYI,
looks like it was my battery after all. Although it sits quite tight, after taking it out and putting back few times I was able to change TOH without phone powering down.

So if you have random reboots, check how your battery sits in its place.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sconf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
Camera support for android apps will come in a future update.
How about Andrdoid GPS support? Sports tracker or any other gps apps no going to work, if it doesn't come...

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience