Notices

Guys,
Try these updated gstreamer packages which Olivier built for me. One of the files will go in /usr/lib and the other in /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/. Dont forget to do a backup first of the original files.

This should solve some of the choppiness.

The Following User Says Thank You to rajil.s For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Franken
Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
I thought my problem was fixed with pr1.3, but I just had this problem today a few minutes into my call.

@grinsekaze I might have to give those drivers shot. Those are the drivers you have to donate for, correct?
Yes, the author is asking for a donation. Although, from what I've read, he's pushing for inclusion into the next update (Nokia or powerkernel) so one might get the driver for 'free' eventually.

My troubles with SIP were limited to WiFi and the calls went choppy almost instantly. If you are experiencing choppy calls over both 3G and WiFi and/or your calls get weird after 10-15 min into the call your problem might be a different one altogether (maybe gstreamer related, see above).

The Following User Says Thank You to grinsekatze For This Useful Post:
I would recommend people doing sip calls to stay away from Power kernel for now. It seems to consume much higher cpu on a g711 call compared to stock kernel.

The Following User Says Thank You to rajil.s For This Useful Post:
My calls seem to be hit or miss. I was just one the phone for 40 minutes with no issues...

Maybe it is due to the fact that I rebooted my phone a day ago?

I am tempted to install the gstreamer mentioned above, but I am not sure how to tell if it helps since my issues are intermittent. Has anyone tried it?

Happens on the N800 as well. DIdn't see it with Skype but definitely on SIP. Really bad under 3G.
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

Originally Posted by grinsekatze View Post
None of the solutions provided in this thread worked for me, audio in SIP always got choppy after only a few seconds into the call and somehow every new PR made things worse. I think it might have something to do with all my routers running DD-WRT, but anyhow ...

Today I installed the bleeding-edge wl1251 wifi driver by lxp. This one really does wonders! I made two - albeit short - SIP calls and one longer Skype call and all three of them went quite smoothly. No choppiness at all. There was some lag on the SIP calls but that's most likely caused by low upstream (64 kbit/s).

I'd really urge everyone who still has troubles with SIP to give this one a shot.
What Power Saving Mode (PSM) mode are you using with these drivers?

Originally Posted by grinsekatze View Post
None of the solutions provided in this thread worked for me, audio in SIP always got choppy after only a few seconds into the call and somehow every new PR made things worse. I think it might have something to do with all my routers running DD-WRT, but anyhow ...

Today I installed the bleeding-edge wl1251 wifi driver by lxp. This one really does wonders! I made two - albeit short - SIP calls and one longer Skype call and all three of them went quite smoothly. No choppiness at all. There was some lag on the SIP calls but that's most likely caused by low upstream (64 kbit/s).

I'd really urge everyone who still has troubles with SIP to give this one a shot.
I tried this, but it seems like rebooting my phone was what helped fix the sip audio skipping. I installed the wl1251 driver, and then rebooted. I tried making calls with the driver enabled and disabled, and they both sounded better than normal. This makes me believe that the increase in quality was only due to rebooting.

Have your calls continued to be better?

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by alex25 View Post
I the meantime I found a solution that works for me. I use the ilbc codec for a few weeks now without choppy audio.
To archive this I made the following two changes to my n900:
1.) Install the new pulseaudio package provided by the user MohammadAG as discussed here
2.) Set the processor speed to 600MHz (fix) during sip calls (I think the stock kernel does this, however it seems not to work with the power Kernel).
To set the processor speed to 600MHz during a sip call I use a dbus script. I added the following config file to the /etc/dbus-scripts.d/ directory with the following content:
Code:
/usr/sbin/speedadaptnormal * * com.nokia.mce.signal sig_call_state_ind active *
/usr/sbin/speedadaptfix * * com.nokia.mce.signal sig_call_state_ind none *
And created the two files in /usr/sbin/.
speedadaptfix
Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo 125000 250000 500000 550000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/avoid_frequencies
kernel-config limits 600 600
speedadaptnormal
Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/avoid_frequencies
kernel-config limits 125 1000
As said before this works perfect for me. No choppy audio anymore!
A simple kernel-config lock <freq> and kernal-config unlock
is enough to set the cpu to a fixed frequency.
But both, also your method take some seconds before the
cpu clock is set.
The choppy audio isn't gone 100%, but much better. I clock to
850MHz.
Did you use an
allow=ulaw:20
or something in asterisk's sip.conf? I did so.
Since PR1.2 the phone should recognize this.

What does ulaw:20 do?

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rajil.s View Post
What does ulaw:20 do?
Asterisk requests a explicit ptime of 20ms with this option.