Notices

I have built the sofiasip packages which contain the fix for https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8615. These packages are especially useful with FreeSwitch pbx server.

Edit:Bumped telepathy-sofiasip from 0.6.2 to 0.6.4. Please note that installing the telepathy-sofiasip would not let you update N900. I can build 0.6.4 package in 0.6.2 packages disguise if anybody is interested. That will let you update the device using HAM or Fapman.

Last edited by rajil.s; 2011-02-18 at 23:02. Reason: Updated telepathy-sofiasip package

The Following User Says Thank You to rajil.s For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
@rajil.s
Would this be community SSU candidate?

Yes. The above package has the fixes only for the bug mentioned above. Hopefully the CSSU would have an updated telepathy-sofiasip and sofiasip package which fix a bunch of other issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to rajil.s For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rajil.s View Post
I have built the sofiasip packages which contain the fix for https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8615. These packages are especially useful with FreeSwitch pbx server.

Edit:Bumped telepathy-sofiasip from 0.6.2 to 0.6.4. Please note that installing the telepathy-sofiasip would not let you update N900. I can build 0.6.4 package in 0.6.2 packages disguise if anybody is interested. That will let you update the device using HAM or Fapman.
Here's a copy of telepathy-sofiasip version 0.6.2. I think I modified it correctly, and now I can update / install stuff with Fapman.
Attached Files
File Type: deb telepathy-sofiasip.deb (196.4 KB, 98 views)

Originally Posted by alex25 View Post
I the meantime I found a solution that works for me. I use the ilbc codec for a few weeks now without choppy audio.
To archive this I made the following two changes to my n900:
1.) Install the new pulseaudio package provided by the user MohammadAG as discussed here
2.) Set the processor speed to 600MHz (fix) during sip calls (I think the stock kernel does this, however it seems not to work with the power Kernel).
To set the processor speed to 600MHz during a sip call I use a dbus script. I added the following config file to the /etc/dbus-scripts.d/ directory with the following content:
Code:
/usr/sbin/speedadaptnormal * * com.nokia.mce.signal sig_call_state_ind active *
/usr/sbin/speedadaptfix * * com.nokia.mce.signal sig_call_state_ind none *
And created the two files in /usr/sbin/.
speedadaptfix
Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo 125000 250000 500000 550000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/avoid_frequencies
kernel-config limits 600 600
speedadaptnormal
Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/avoid_frequencies
kernel-config limits 125 1000
As said before this works perfect for me. No choppy audio anymore!
For some reason this is not working for me. I have dbus-scripts installed, I ran chmod +x on all of these scripts, and I even restarted the device. It does not lock the processor speed when I make a call.

edit: This only appears to work on incoming calls, and it only changes the processor speed when the phone is ringing. Once I answer the call, the processor is no longer locked at 600. Any ideas?

Last edited by xur17; 2011-03-05 at 17:28.

The bleeding-edge wifi drivers contain some bugfixes to osso-wlan (wlancond), propably this is the reason that with or without the drivers loaded, the connection is better for SIP? See blog.

Originally Posted by BertvanDorp View Post
The bleeding-edge wifi drivers contain some bugfixes to osso-wlan (wlancond), propably this is the reason that with or without the drivers loaded, the connection is better for SIP? See blog.
I dont think, this has something to do with Wifi or 3G. Because u get the same choppiness from the asterisk recordings installed on N900. Basically it should be a audio side issue like audio drivers or whatever.

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Melbourne Australia
Hi i tried the following packages however I’m still experiencing choppy audio in Skype any suggestions?

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Melbourne Australia
anyone?????

I still have this issue. The audio quality randomly gets bad, and makes it very difficult to have a conversation. This was one of the main reasons I purchased this phone in the first place, and it has been nothing but problems (sorry, just venting).

I have tried the packages listed at the top of this pages, several different codecs, locking the frequency, and several other things, but have gotten nowhere.

Does anyone have any ideas / does sip work with no problems for anyone?