Active Topics

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Hi fake,

great idea, great work! Is it possible to get real BLACK acrylic stands? Black acryl looks way better than black painted transparent acryl. Furthermore there's no spalling of the varnish paint :-D

Extra price is no problem. In addition I can wait two or three weeks, too ;-)
So ... IF possible, I'll take 2 to Germany.

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by fake View Post
Hahah! I hope whoever tagged this thread "24K gold N900 stand" meant it in a positive way, and that it's not a comment on my prices!
Would you consider making a gold platted one?

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by slender View Post
imho
Do not take this as negative comment but just a tip!
You have said that you are trying to save time and make things efficiently? Did i get this right? Right now this thread keeps on swelling and you have to track all the orders here so i bet that you spend quite a mount of time just checking and double checking stuff. I hope that you put some webpage with paypal link and some sort of stock quantity there to help yourself. I do not know any helpful links now but this is just a though.

Really really nice work and i appreciate it. Probably I´m going to order also some when first users got these and tell their experiences.

Remember also this! When you tell some detailed information here in single post you should also update your original because your posts will get berried here between orders.

And keep up the good work! Things like this make me feel cozy around here
We did a group buy in another forum and managed it with a spreadsheet in Google docs. You can set this up where everyone can place their order in the spreadsheet.

1 black wood and 1 acrylic for me to Finland.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Germany
aloha
if there a more orders from Germany,
i can provide the Cost for shipping and packaging in Germany
and manage these, so you can chose what is cheaper/easier for you

The Following User Says Thank You to Olle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
We did a group buy in another forum and managed it with a spreadsheet in Google docs. You can set this up where everyone can place their order in the spreadsheet.
but there's maybe the risk of manipulation.
here you have fix/known assignments between nick/account and the post/order - in google docs you haven't this security.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by b666m View Post
but there's maybe the risk of manipulation.
here you have fix/known assignments between nick/account and the post/order - in google docs you haven't this security.
You may be right, I don't know anything about the security tools. Worked perfect for our buy.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
these look awsome.

I'll take 2 - i'm in UK.

Cheers,

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
You may be right, I don't know anything about the security tools. Worked perfect for our buy.
for example:

i can go to this spreadsheet and type your account/nick from maemo.org and any number of stands to order:

les_garten, 1 acrylic, 2 wooden

(don't know how the layout would be, but i could FAKE an order and you would be my personal victim ^^)

in short: you have no association between the accounts here and the google docs. ^^

i have a question to ask about these stands:

1. which of the two types would be stronger and more resistant to breaking ? wood or acrylic ? I'm asking since they do look quite fragile

2. if i had to carry the stand around with me, can i just deassemble it and then reassemble it whenever needed, like you have shown in the youtube video ?

Tags
accessory, acrylic, awesome!, complex pricing structure, holder, inexpensive, n900, n900 stand, stand, stay in school!!!, wood