Notices

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Could you maybe add some higher values then 8 ? Cause my 15" keep getting resettet.
It is reset when you modify AutoDisconnect Settings, yes.

I don't want to add too many values in order for the user not to be lost, so before adding such high value, I would like to be sure you're not the only one!

15'' seems to me a very high value and if I had to wait 15 seconds to be able to connect to Internet, I won't use the AutoSwitch functionnality..

If users could give us the time required to switch from 2G to Dual Mode, that would be terrific.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
I have a quick question, I had a look at the wiki and Im not 100% sure on what the 2g/3g switch does, I assumed that if I was in 3g mode and the connection went idle for x amount if time it would revert to 2g, I have just unlocked my phone to find it sat on 3g mode (it was on 2g when I locked it)

Am I correct in assuming that my phone has perhaps tried to connect to retrieve emails and therefore autodisconnected has seen the traffic and switched to 3g from 2g and once the connection goes idle it will go back to 2g?
If you activate this option :

- when disconnected : Network Mode = 2G
- when connected : Network = 3G OR Dual Mode (ie 2G/3G depending on the quality of your network area)

Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
VOIP = Skype
IM/Chat = Jabber/MSN

If you check one of these settings in AutoDisconnect UI, it won't disconnect you while using them (accounts have to be enabled). So if you want to be disconnected regardless, uncheck them.
Ah, I don't want to disconnect them, I just don't see a need to use 3G when I'm only using those.

Though I think I have it configured now, it switches to 2G when it doesn't detect enough traffic and I have the internet connection setup to check every 10 minutes if not connected.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Any chance to widget so you can disable and autodisconnect? When im at home I want to keep internet online. I know i can put n900 on charging and it will stay online, but charger is in bedroom.

Could you add an option for not disconnecting when using Pidgin Internet Messenger ?

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
Calvin_42 is there any way you can create a script or something that triggers internet connection when a program for example omweather trys to update itself?

I've problems to find the optimal traffic values. What values and which interval are you guys using?

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
ATM I'm using these settings and it works quite fine (v0.4.6):
active when locked
3G - Switch last 6"
only gprs checking
interval 3 min after 30 sec
traffic 1 kb/min

I'm going to try setting the start to 60 sec and see what happens. Just curious.

I'm trying 200b/min now, cause it's disconnecting while using pidgin if I set it to anything higher.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Weird but when using autodisconnect it sets my connection to GSM when not in use and the N900 then takes a very long time to find a signal (2-3.5g)... Sometimes I have to manually switch to 3G just to get a network signal and when I do it comes in very strong (3-5 bars).

When I switch it to 3G it gets a signal almost instantly - has anyone else seen this behaviour with their n900 or is it just me?