Notices

I read once that someone had managed to achieve getting free phone calls with the Nokia N900 nationally and internationally.

I moved to Australia form the UK about 6 years ago and sitll have a lot of family and friends over there. I was just wondering how this person would have achieved this kind of thing? Is it something which can be changed in the phone settings? Or even a piece of software i would need? If thats the case... would they also need that software for their phone? Ideally i wouldl ike to be able to call land lines abroad for free from my phone but was wondering the cheapest or if not free way to do this? Same as SMS.

Thank you very much!

Mart.

The Following User Says Thank You to martyk69uk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
If such a thing exist, I'm sure everyone would be asking the same question as you.

No I personally don't think its possible to make free local, interstate, international phone calls without lying to the cell network carrier that your device and what not are actually subscribed to their network.

Even if it was remotely possible, making excessive free calls to anywhere would trigger alerts to cell network carriers and get them to track you down for illegal use of network plus using a hacked device, etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
oh dear marty ,you read too much ,then !

Haha yeah i think maybe i have read too much!
But is it true that though the Nokia N900 is quite old now it is still the best phone to get with the most features?

Well, nothing really free. There is a way though, for example, pay a subscription fee to skype for a year. (15% disc).

Australisa for landline call would be free then using skype out.

If u are willing to pay a higher price. Find something similar like www.vonage.com in UK.

the cheapest international plan would allow u to call australia landline for free as well. (and u can also call from ur mobile, nice huh).

But the 60/month will allow u to call australia landline/mobile. (better).

www.internetcalls.com will allow u to call australia landline for free but limited to xx minutes for the last 7 days.

Basically nothing is free, only "spend less" if you are calling landline"/mobile.

skype/gtalk/sip will allow u to spend less. (gtalk to gtalk, skype to skype will always free).

The Following User Says Thank You to tirtawn For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
i am not here to fall into a useless chatterbox hoax ,if you have a N900 then you know better .if you talk about features ,it is a little machine which can run quad OS (maemo,meego,android,ubuntu) and for sure you may use most of those platforms apps .
one suggestion for u : first do some search ,dont ask silly questions ,dont occupy space with useless words .

prankster stop being such a ****in dick mate no one was forcing you to reply to the question and now you're getting all pissed off over something so minor? May i ask why?? Are you really that pathetic that you feel the need to start giving people a bollocking for asking genuine questions. Stop being such a wanker.

Last edited by martyk69uk; 2011-07-31 at 06:51.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I have managed to setup my GV account, so i can call USA and i think Canada, just paying for my internet access for my nokia n900

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Oh sweet! I have just seen google voice only works in the US but do hope soon it will come to other countries. Thanks for the help guys.

Tags
google voice, maemo 5