Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
MicroB password manger doesn't remember passwords, with few exceptions (maemo.org not being one of them.
If I enter new login information into a site that MicroB has already prentended to store a login for, it asks me if I want to replace the previous login, so it doesn't seem to manage multiple logins for the same site. Well, and after I go maybe "yes, replace this login with new one" it's not there the next time anyway.
Is this MIcroB's normal behavior? otherwise, how would I go about diagnosing the problem?
Thanks Ben

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
you should clear your private data every once in a while . works for me.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I don't have that issue, on the other hand if i enter a wrong username, if i try to clear it from the list in a given site, the only option is to clear all, and it isn't just all for the current site, but the login info for all sites (not the cookies, but the username and passwords microB autofills)

MicrobB got lots of great features not found in other browsers, but it does got a few glitches and just plain bad desugn choices here and there; unfortunatly, AFAIK, it is closed source so the community can't fix what Nokia don't feel like touching :/

The Following User Says Thank You to TiagoTiago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
I don't have that issue, on the other hand if i enter a wrong username, if i try to clear it from the list in a given site, the only option is to clear all, and it isn't just all for the current site, but the login info for all sites (not the cookies, but the username and passwords microB autofills)

MicrobB got lots of great features not found in other browsers, but it does got a few glitches and just plain bad desugn choices here and there; unfortunatly, AFAIK, it is closed source so the community can't fix what Nokia don't feel like touching :/
What about the upcoming CSSU? Does that include MicroB? It's still one of the very best mobile browsers out there and No 1 in many respects, it would just be awesome to improve on UI and usability!

Originally Posted by KetkuFIN View Post
you should clear your private data every once in a while . works for me.
So making it "clear private data" will clear all the logins and passswords?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
MicroB is closed, we can't improve on it

As for deleting one password at a time, http://www.mwkn.net/2011/10/apps.html

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post

That is good and bad.
Is there a way to set a master password for microb so my passwords are somehow not so easily accessed?

Dude, that sucks. Fennec is still totally not doing it for me. Opera mobile is the best in terms of performance&user experience. I want that combined with the desktop-equivalent abilities of MicroB. You think there's any chance they might ever open it in the future?

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
My microB is unable to remember passwords even after being saved, plus I dont know wats wrong wit my microB its does not open pages for sites like facebook, wikipedia and more(always get Problem Loading Page after 2 to 3 mins) but the strange thing is that when i type in google and access through it , it works.
but its working fine for this site (talk.maemo.org).

Any kind of help would be much appreciated.
Thanks !

@Golian: Do you have Hide User Agent installed? This can sometimes cause problems, e.g. with Ovi. If you set a suitable UA string, it can improve things sometimes. As to the password problem - try wiping everthing and then ensure in "delete private data," the password bit is un-checked. Can you save a few now?

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post: