Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by upp View Post
OK, I did a software update and works fine..
-What exactly do I need to do to get Inception installed and activated?

- I also want to know if there's any tips for changing the UI to iOS, or is it just straight forward as it's in the tweak?
Make sure you have developer mode enabled then run N9QTweak...

For inception its Tweak EE

There is no UI changer but I presume you mean changing the UA of stock browser to iOS so once inception is activated from the above tweak (make sure you answer all the prompts) then you can run Tweak M

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Make sure you have developer mode enabled then run N9QTweak...

For inception its Tweak EE

There is no UI changer but I presume you mean changing the UA of stock browser to iOS so once inception is activated from the above tweak (make sure you answer all the prompts) then you can run Tweak M
OK, I have read and followed all that you wrote and what the tweak asks..
-First, I have inception installed successfully and activated as I have 3 orange square icons in app MGR..
BTW ,, when I only chose option 1 to install inception, I did NOT instal aegistl... Do I need to install that at all ??

-Second, I installed tweak M and followed what it asked and I chose option 2. change to IOS UA I get a blinking yellow letters "Please close all browser windows" I had non open..
press to change UA, i did.
password for "root" I entered (rootme)
Here's what I get: (sorry I don't know how to post screenshot):
backing up /var/lib/aegis/refhashlist to /tmp/r
efhashlist-backup-1353203991

shalsum: can't open '/usr/share/doc/base-files/
remove-base' : No such file or directory

I know I have NOT done anything different than what asked, is there an issue with changing UA to IOS or am I still doing wrong ???

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
OK, I have read and followed all that you wrote and what the tweak asks..
-First, I have inception installed successfully and activated as I have 3 orange square icons in app MGR..
BTW ,, when I only chose option 1 to install inception, I did NOT instal aegistl... Do I need to install that at all ??

-Second, I installed tweak M and followed what it asked and I chose option 2. change to IOS UA I get a blinking yellow letters "Please close all browser windows" I had non open..
press to change UA, i did.
password for "root" I entered (rootme)
Here's what I get: (sorry I don't know how to post screenshot):
backing up /var/lib/aegis/refhashlist to /tmp/r
efhashlist-backup-1353203991

I know I have NOT done anything different than what asked, is there an issue with changing UA to IOS or am I still doing wrong ???
No issues at all.. You just not finish refhashlist process ! You need to wait until you will see it finish "DONE" and at the end of N9QT menu... It can take 5-7 MINUTES.

PS. and you don't need "aegistl" it's ok...

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
No issues at all.. You just not finish refhashlist process ! You need to wait until you will see it finish "DONE" and at the end of N9QT menu... It can take 5-7 MINUTES.

PS. and you don't need "aegistl" it's ok...
Not sure what you mean by I need refhashlist process to finish... When is that process? I followed as described..
Intweak M ? Do you mean after this message below??

After this message you must still wait until it says DONE and then the prompt comes press T for Tweak Menu, F for Full Refresh, Enter to Exit...

Then it means it has completed...

After this message you must still wait until it says DONE and then the prompt comes press T for Tweak Menu, F for Full Refresh, Enter to Exit...

Then it means it has completed...
OK, done finally.. Thanks for the explanation..

I see the Web app looks the same to me as it was, what differences or improvements should I look for or expect with the IOS UA tweak that I done now?

OK, done finally.. Thanks for the explanation..

I see the Web app looks the same to me as it was, what differences or improvements should I look for or expect with the IOS UA tweak that I done now?
In your browser open http://whatsmyuseragent.com/

You will see its using iOS UA...Visit google.com, youtube.com etc and you will see how its a better experience than before...

In your browser open http://whatsmyuseragent.com/

You will see its using iOS UA...Visit google.com, youtube.com etc and you will see how its a better experience than before...
OK... I see that I can play YouTube videos..
I thought there will be change in the look of the Web like IOS.. It does seem faster browsing..

OK... I see that I can play YouTube videos..
I thought there will be change in the look of the Web like IOS.. It does seem faster browsing..
Check using the link I gave you if it shows you as iOS UA...If so, all sites will be shown like you see them on iOS Devices; namely on the iPhone...

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
Utterly lost.

First image is png, next two are jpg.

Am I missing something?

Tags
hebrew vkb, n9 qtweak, n9 quick tweak, n9 quicktweak, root-ssh