My uptime would be months if I had a way to restart the gui when it locks up.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
My uptime would be months if I had a way to restart the gui when it locks up.
Setup the mod that adds restarting options to the menu when pressing power because you get an option to start a osso-xterm and from there, hildon-desktop can be stopped & started.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Argentina
11:04:32 up 29 days, 17:19, load average: 0.22, 0.04, 0.01

I use it to watch videos and read mostly

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Valeria View Post
11:04:32 up 29 days, 17:19, load average: 0.22, 0.04, 0.01

I use it to watch videos and read mostly
Seems a lot of us do. It does make you wonder: We bought this li'l marvel on the promise of having a computer in our pockets, and we end up using it as a glorified blooming Archos.

Posts: 76 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Friday Harbor, WA, USA
Only some of us feel that way Karel,
I use my tablet for reading, video and audio as well...
However, I also use it as a laptop replacement when needed, remote access tool for work and home, GPE for most my pim needs, mobile blogging, research, and to communicate with friends, family and memebers of my Scout troop. I can't seem to find and end to what I do with my n810. I paint, draw, journal, script, and will soon be developing as well. Instabilities I find are caused my my own stupidity, which almost always teaches me something... After nearly 30 years of programming, mucking about, hacking, kludging, etc.. I still find this to be a fun, productive, and fascinating tool, unlike many others I have had.

Have a great day!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oberon85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Seems a lot of us do. It does make you wonder: We bought this li'l marvel on the promise of having a computer in our pockets, and we end up using it as a glorified blooming Archos.
not all of us, I've waited quite a while to get my hands on a touch device I can play with

http://liqbase.net/liq.20081109_143957.gary.scr.png

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Victoria, BC
What is uptime and what is load average? Is uptime how long since you turned off the unit? I turn mine off all the time as the battery runs down if it just sits there. Lasts about 8 - 10 hours with the wifi turned off and the keys locked. If I want to be sure that it is going to be useful late in the day I have to turn it off. Where do you guys get your batteries?

Originally Posted by JoeF View Post
What is uptime and what is load average?...
Anyone with ridiculous uptime is charging the battery and not turning it off. As for load average, Wikipedia can explain it best.

Yes... My tablet lasts all day (usually only 6-8 hours) in my pocket or slightly less in use; and then goes on the charger.

And Pycage... 50 days is cool.. but what's your LOAD average . So far.. I've abused my tablet more than all ya'all

2 users, load average: 7.57, 5.72, 3.50
Hehe.

ETA: OK.. I know I know.. only goes back 15 minutes... but what I was doing was normal for my day-to-day operations.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2008-11-09 at 16:13.

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
On the other hand it has given some of us us a great topic to complain about. That is something too!.