Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Really nice post. Had a good read while eating my tea
If I had to choose a replacement, which I will have to in 2 months with upgrade. I am swaying towards the Samsung galaxy S2. Had a go on one last night and it is georgeous.
I dont like the Optimus 3.2" screen. But, all else I pick requires 2 year contract. I just moved into this town less than a month. I am NOT ready for any "serious relationship" . I have to admit, I take the Optimus because of VirginMobile's no contract dataplan.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2011-06-12 at 01:15.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Great photograph of the 770. I'd forgotten that beauty - I sold mine just after getting my N800. It's still going strong.

The Following User Says Thank You to kjmackey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kjmackey View Post
Great photograph of the 770. I'd forgotten that beauty - I sold mine just after getting my N800. It's still going strong.
The 770 beated my n900, after sleeping in the drawer for 4 month, 122 days, it booted up just like that, no complaint whatsoever, stayed online and BT transfer whatnot. My n900 failed. I need to hook it up to boot it. Its battery quit.

bun

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post

Integrated with VoiceActivated from google, a very nice features and fun to use. Google search is voice activated, just talk to your cellphone, it searches! Navigation too! Just say your destination, it open up the navigation and route and reroute, eye-blinking
Thanks for the review , very educative.
It's quite freaky that they have built in an excuse to record all your voice when online AND on critical location (of course by code error due to the mistake one individual programmer - just like the accidental Wifi payload capturing by stre3t view cars)

Last edited by ste-phan; 2011-06-12 at 07:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
yeah the n900-battery is really problematic...
the other day, i took it off the charger at 7 in the morning.
i didnt use it that day at all. when i came back home at 5 in the evening, i wanted to unlock it to do something. it didnt unlock. turns out the battery was empty?! for whatever reason. it was SO empty, it didnt even turn on again. it switched itself off at the nokia-handshake.

this was just a one-time event, never happened to me before or after.. not sure what went on that day.

anyway, if it must be android, i'd go for the galaxy s2. phantastic hardware. minus keyboard of course and if you dont mind plastic. but a n900-user shouldnt have problems with plastic ^^

The Following User Says Thank You to msa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Thanks for the review , very educative.
It's quite freaky that they have built in an excuse to record all your voice when online AND on critical location (of course by code error due to the mistake one individual programmer - just like the accidental Wifi payload capturing by stre3t view cars)

Well. You just open up another can of worms. I cannot fathom your position about privacy from this post. I myself, like everybody else, think it is very convenient till it hits you, say, you want to go to the known crack house to buy drug and it is traceable. If nothing like that, I myself, position is neutral.

bun

Originally Posted by Necc View Post
...but i doubt anyone will care on this planet where did you get it and for how much....

ps.: N900 got 3.5" screen and not 3.2"
Thanks for setting the correct screen size. I stand corrected.

Well. Maybe it just me. If I read about something is good, I would like to get it. And posting about where/how/how much would make it convenient for the reader. I am sorry if that approaches advertisement. I do sometimes enjoy advertisement, like the superbowl ads and ads not from USA.

bun

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Well. You just open up another can of worms. I cannot fathom your position about privacy from this post. I myself, like everybody else, think it is very convenient till it hits you, say, you want to go to the known crack house to buy drug and it is traceable. If nothing like that, I myself, position is neutral.

bun
Interesting to hear different viewpoints with regard to this matter.
Just don't want to be the only one back-traceable when they are desperate to find suspects on the other side of the fence.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Let's face it,, many of us are obsessive consumers. I know I am. I'm always thinking about what I want to buy or what I don't want to buy. I appreciate hearing about the choices people make. Right now I'm considering moving to rural utopia. Even if T-Mobile isn't available there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
I cant wait till the night goes away, every morning I am peaking out the window just to wait for the sunrise. Here are some of the pics. I know, for those already living in the rural, they dont know how city folks are thrill to see beavers, fishes, wood ducks, wild geese and wild turkeys. If I want fishing, not a problems, 20 steps I am into water. I just bought a pair of wading boots, they are up to my groin, nice. I will see whether I got lucky with fish or water moccasin. The tree stump on 3rd picture is the tree downed by the beavers. there are only a total of 3 trees. So I have to battle the beavers to protect the other 2, I wrapped plastic around it. Will see whether that takes care of the tree. Yike, hope you like my pics

enjoy,

bun
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2011-06-12 at 18:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:

Tags
data plan, droid, google, optimus