Active Topics

Poll: which ear-phones would you have?
Poll Options
which ear-phones would you have?

I went with Hippo VB (Variable Bass). http://www.head-fi.org/products/hippo-vb
They have replaceable bass ports in case you don't want the maximum amount of bass. Haven't tried them with a powered amp but sound better than the original N900 earbuds in a few ways

The Following User Says Thank You to indeo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ staffordshire, uk
so bose are a definate now with default, cheers people
tbh if i had the winning lottery ticket i'd prob buy some shures but i will set myself a budget of roughly £60 as my bose ones brand new only cost me £50 (puttin that on my op would of been helpful)
i would have some head phone but i look like a t**t in them so in-ears the way for me, also if it helps further i listen to "angerfist" - "technoboy" right the way through to bands like "the xx" "yes" an alike so quite varied

n.b. i like the idea of these earwax guards as i mainly listen whilst i fall asleep an have been told that when your more likely for the stuff to come out, also not keen on blue tooth (battery draining etc)

It's not often the stuff i type is helpful/useful so say thanks if it is

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Personally on Sennheiser CX550's mate, good as gold, excellent bass response and crisp shiny treble, midrange of course is excellent too.

Currently Amazon got them with £40 off the original asking price of £90, as per the linky linky. Had them for two years, used daily, still going strong as can be.